DETROIT, Oct. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meridian Health Plan (Meridian) has recognized 19 Michigan primary care physicians (PCPs) as "Top Docs" for their outstanding quality and service.
Through a selection process based on Meridian's 2012 Quality Incentive Program, these PCPs were identified as providing outstanding primary care for Meridian members. PCPs selected for this honor excelled in preventive care, completing over 90 percent of the quality measures used in the assessment.
"Meridian takes pride in recognizing physicians that have the same passion and commitment to quality as we do," said Sean Kendall, Director of Provider Network Development for Meridian. "Since beginning our 'Top Docs' recognition program in 2010, the level of quality has continued to increase. We are excited and thankful for the access to such high quality care these physicians provide our members."
The 2013 "Top Docs" are:
- Hackley Community Care Center – Muskegon Heights
- Silvia Operti-Considine, MD at Kidz 1st Pediatrics – Rochester Hills
- Northpointe Pediatrics, PC – Warren
- Robert Carlson, MD – Hastings
- Best Kids, PC – Port Huron
- The Pediatric Team from Mercy Physician Network – Grayling
- Mercy Health Physician Partners – Downtown Family Medicine/Pediatrics and Dr. Esmeralda Cadena – Grand Rapids
- Gun Lake Family Medicine – Wayland
- Lamis Al-Ahmad, MD – Shelby Township
- Thomas Hoffman, MD – Hastings
- Pediatrics, PC – Portage
- Durdana Rehman, MD – Sterling Heights
- Rajamathias Reddy, MD – Adrian
- Joanna Studley, MD/St. Joseph Pediatrics – Tawas City
- Fakhruddin Kapadia, MD – Waterford
- Cereal City Pediatrics – Battle Creek
- Michael Sackman, MD – Hillsdale
- Westshore Family Medicine – Muskegon
- Vijayalakshmi Shastri, MD – St. Joseph
The Meridian Quality Incentive Programs paid over $18 million in quality bonuses to its contracted PCPs in 2012. Meridian's Quality Incentive Programs include the HEDIS® Incentive Program and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) Incentive Program that reward physicians for completing important preventive care measures and working towards PCMH designation.
Meridian Health Plan is a physician-owned, physician-operated health plan with extensive experience in its subsidiary operations in Michigan, Illinois, Iowa and New Hampshire. Meridian's affiliates include Medicaid and Medicare health plans and MeridianRx, a Pharmacy Benefit Management company. Meridian Health Plan currently serves over 300,000 Medicaid members. For more information, visit www.mhplan.com.
SOURCE Meridian Health Plan