CAMBRIDGE, Mass., March 26, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: MACK) today announced that it will present preclinical and clinical data showcasing its deep oncology pipeline at the 2015 American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) Annual Meeting being held April 18-22, 2015 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. The presentations describe recent data from Merrimack's proprietary antibody engineering and nanoliposomal technology platforms, as well as oral presentations on Phase 1 clinical trials of MM-302 and MM-141.
Preclinical presentations include a late breaking abstract on the impact of MM-121, an ErbB3-targeting antibody, on chemosensitivity in heregulin-stimulated tumor cell models, a poster on the mechanism of MM-131, a novel bispecific antibody targeting the c-Met pathway, and a poster on the effect of MM-302 on breast cancer tumor models with intermediate levels of HER2.
Data will be presented in two oral sessions and three poster sessions.
- Session Title: Clinical Trials of New Drugs in Breast Cancer A Phase 1 study of MM-302, a HER2-targeted PEGylated liposomal doxorubicin, in patients with HER2+ metastatic breast cancer (mBC) (Abstract #CT234) Monday, April 20, 2015, 10:30 AM ET Room 103, Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Session Title: Clinical Trials of Novel Therapeutics Preclinical Characterization and First in Human Study of MM-141, a dual antibody inhibitor of IGF-1R and ErbB3 (possible for podium presentation) (Abstract #CT237) Monday, April 20, 2015, 3:00 PM ET Room 103, Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Session Title: Growth Factor Receptors and Other Surface Antigens as Targets for Therapy Mechanistic characterization of MM-131, a bispecific antibody that blocks c-Met signaling through concurrent targeting of EpCAM (Abstract #1690, Poster Board 23) Monday, April 20, 2015, 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM ET Section 29
- Session Title: Late-Breaking Research: Experimental and Molecular Therapeutics 2 The ErbB3-targeting antibody MM-121 (seribantumab) reverses heregulin-driven resistance to multiple chemotherapies on tumor cell growth (Abstract #LB-243, Poster Board 5) Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM ET Section 40
- Session Title: Clonal Evolution and Antimetastatic Therapies MM-302 effectively targets and reduces pulmonary metastatic burden in breast cancer models expressing intermediate levels of HER2 (Abstract #4134, Poster Board 25) Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM ET Section 17
Merrimack is a biopharmaceutical company discovering, developing and preparing to commercialize innovative medicines paired with companion diagnostics for the treatment of cancer. Merrimack seeks to gain a deeper understanding of underlying cancer biology through its systems biology-based approach and develop new insights, therapeutics and diagnostics to improve outcomes for cancer patients. Merrimack currently has multiple oncology therapeutics in clinical development and three additional candidates in late stage preclinical development. Merrimack's lead product candidate, MM-398, recently completed a Phase 3 clinical trial in post-gemcitabine pancreatic cancer. Based on the results of this clinical trial, Merrimack is currently preparing a New Drug Application for MM-398. For more information, please visit Merrimack's website at www.merrimackpharma.com or connect on Twitter at @MerrimackPharma.
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Merrimack constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, as amended. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements. Merrimack anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, while Merrimack may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, Merrimack specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
CONTACT: Media Contacts: Debbie Tseng, Merrimack 617-441-7659 firstname.lastname@example.org
Liz Bryan Spectrum 202-955-6222 email@example.com
Investor Contact: Geoffrey Grande, CFA Merrimack 617-441-7602 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Merrimack Pharmaceuticals, Inc.