Meta Payment Systems® honors high-performing clients with 2014 Spotlight Awards
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., Jan. 31, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Meta Payment Systems' (Meta) Agent Products group is pleased to honor its outstanding prepaid clients for the 2013 calendar year, recognizing exceptional gift card sales with its fifth annual Client Spotlight Awards.
"We're so encouraged by the number of our financial institutions stepping up to meet the needs of customers in their marketplace," Meta's VP of Business Resources and Agent Products Nikkee Rhody said. "The landscape of money management needs is evolving every day. These prepaid programs have given our partners and consumers a low-cost, risk-adverse way to manage unique customer needs. Congratulations to the winners and all of our more than 1,000 partners for recognizing the needs of their customers and promoting financial inclusion."
This year's recipients included:
- "Best Performance by a Client with 1-9 Locations" (Most Cards Issued) – Family Trust Federal Credit Union, Rock Hill, S.C.
- "Best Performance by a Client with 10-49 Locations" (Most Cards Issued) –TDECU, Lake Jackson, Texas – Five-time winner!
- "Best Performance by a Client with 50+ Locations" (Most Cards Issued) – Associated Bank, N.A., Stevens Point, Wis. – Five-time winner!
- "Best Picture" – Highest Percentage Growth Card Sales Year-Over-Year, '12-'13: State Bank of Countryside, Countryside, Ill. – 1,136% growth!
- "Best Large Order Effects" – Highest Volume of Large Order Card Sales: Associated Bank, N.A. – More than 13,200 Large Order cards sold!
- "Best Supporting Client" – Highest Level of Engagement: American Bank of the North, Hibbing, Minn.
- "Most Unique Picture" – Most Innovative Use of Product: Warren-Boynton State Bank, Springfield, Ill.
TDECU credited a great working relationship with Meta with bolstering its success this past year. "Now with seven years of partnership between TDECU and Meta, we know that the support, products, marketing and continuing development of new and useful features are unmatched," TDECU's AVP of Payment Systems/LOC Vickey Livingston said.
State Bank of Countryside saw an increase in foot traffic thanks to the No Purchase Fee (NPF) promotion, in which participants offered Gift Cards for no purchase fee for a two-month period. "The NPF program was great for us!" State Bank of Countryside marketing assistant Erica McKee said. "We had hundreds of non-customers walk through our doors. We're currently considering dropping the card fees considerably or making them free altogether. The opportunities and benefits of non-customer foot traffic outweigh the minimal income we would've made. It's well worth losing the fee income when we have a chance to present ourselves to non-customers."
Warren-Boynton State Bank has carried Gift Cards for five years and garnered this year's "Most Unique Picture" due to its work with the Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies. The group works with the state's Department of Health to assist individuals with serious mental illness diagnoses in transitioning from supported services by providing Gift Card-loaded funds for security deposits, utilities and everyday expenses.
"This is a large program, but with Meta Payment Systems' assistance, it has run very smoothly," Warren-Boynton State Bank rep Lois Stone said. "On behalf of our client, we have made special requests of Meta and have always received timely and satisfactory results."
Each winner will receive an engraved award reading "2013 Meta Spotlight Awards," along with the category name, description and financial institution name.
Meta Payment Systems®, based in Sioux Falls, S.D., is a leading provider of prepaid, credit, debit and emerging payments solutions, as well as the largest sponsor of ATMs in the United States. Meta Payment Systems, a division of MetaBank®, delivers innovative financial products that change the way people use, borrow and manage money. Meta Payment Systems brings money to LIFE. Meta Financial Group, Inc.® (NASDAQ Global Market®: CASH) is the holding company for federally chartered savings bank MetaBank. For more information, visit www.metapay.com.
SOURCE Meta Payment Systems