Meta Payment Systems® Recognizes Outstanding Clients with 2012 "Spotlight Awards"
SIOUX FALLS, S.D., Jan. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Meta Payment Systems' (MPS) Agent Products group is pleased to applaud its outstanding prepaid clients for the 2012 calendar year, recognizing exceptional gift card sales with its fourth annual Client Spotlight Awards.
"We've been eagerly anticipating the 2012 results," MPS Agent Products Business Unit Leader Nikkee Rhody said. "It was a remarkable year with a lot of growth for some financial institution partners. I'm thrilled to see the investment our financial institution partners are continuing to make in meeting the needs of all consumers."
This year's recipients included:
- "Best Performance by a Client with 1-9 Locations" (Most Cards Issued) – Las Colinas Federal Credit Union, Irving, Texas – Two-time winner!
- "Best Performance by a Client with 10-49 Locations" (Most Cards Issued) – Texas Dow Employees Credit Union (TDECU), Lake Jackson, Texas – Four-time winner!
- "Best Performance by a Client with 50+ Locations" (Most Cards Issued) – Associated Bank, N.A., Stevens Point, Wis. – Four-time winner!
- "Best Picture" – Highest Percentage Growth Card Sales Year-Over-Year, '11-'12: Bank Forward, Fargo, N.D. – 1,452% growth!
- "Best Large Order Effects" – Highest Volume of Large Order Card Sales: Service Credit Union, Portsmouth, N.H. – More than 12,000 Large Order cards sold!
- "Best Supporting Client" – Highest Level of Engagement: American Bank of the North, Hibbing, Minn.
- "Most Unique Picture" – Most Innovative Use of Product: TDECU, Lake Jackson, Texas
Bank Forward AVP Cheryl Vigesaa said the institution was "pleased and surprised" to hear it'd received its Spotlight Award. She attributed the increase in card sales to three factors: marketing, training and support. "We utilize a lot of the marketing items that we find on the Simplexes website," Vigesaa said of Meta's prepaid platform. "We have found that the more comfortable employees are with the benefits and features of the cards and use of the Simplexes website, the more willing they are to promote the cards," she said.
"It is a pleasure to be engaged with a partner that strives for excellence and creates a partnership which allows for us to be active in the program," American Bank of the North Assistant Vice President of Card Services Amber Olesiak said. "Thank you, Meta, for recognizing the value that we have placed in your organization."
And garnering recognition for most innovative product use, TDECU purchased a custom design gift card during the holidays, with $1 donations to the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) collected for each card sold. The Texas-based institution additionally matched all donations and was able to present a check to area shelters for a total of $9,108. "Meta is a business partner that develops a truly valuable relationship with its clients and takes our wants and needs to heart," TDECU's AVP of Payment Systems/LOC Vickey Livingston said.
"This is a great time of year," Meta's SVP of Business Development Mick Conlin said. "We get to look back and see the ways our clients are using prepaid products to enhance their financial services business. It is our hope that these awards will shine additional light on these innovative bankers so they get the recognition they deserve."
Each winner will receive a trophy engraved with "2012 Meta Spotlight Awards," along with the category name, description and financial institution name.
Meta Payment Systems®, based in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, is a leading provider of prepaid, credit, debit and emerging payments solutions as well as the largest sponsor of ATMs in the United States. Meta Payment Systems, a division of MetaBank™, delivers innovative financial products that change the way people use, borrow and manage money. Meta Payment Systems brings money to LIFE. Meta Financial Group, Inc.® (NASDAQ Global Market®: CASH) is the holding company for federally-chartered savings bank MetaBank. For more information visit www.metapay.com.
SOURCE Meta Payment Systems