MI Earth Day Fest Returns To Rochester April 26-28
From green & healthy living resources to special events, speakers, music & more, earth-friendly event offers something for everyone
ROCHESTER, Mich., March 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- One of the planet's largest Earth Day events, the MI Earth Day Fest, returns to downtown Rochester April 26-28, after a three-year hiatus. The 2010 event drew more than 50,000.
Featuring green and healthy living exhibits, presentations, programs and networking, as well as entertainment, awards, food and family fun, the MI Earth Day Fest will highlight environmental issues and solutions through education, product/service innovation and community building. Admission is free.
The event is sponsored by Pure Eco Environmental Solutions, Republic Services, Bosch Automotive and Meijer.
"Earth Day is the world's largest secular observance, and we're joining the celebration with an event planned to inspire, entertain and educate about how we can all make every day Earth Day," says John Batdorf, general manager of presenting organization MI Green Team.
The MI Earth Day Fest takes place Fri., April 26, 4-8 p.m.; Sat., April 27, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sun., April 28, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at Third and Water Streets in downtown Rochester. Highlights include:
- Kickoff & Awards Ceremony, 7-8 p.m. Fri.: 3rd annual MI Green Hall of Fame and My Green Schools Art Contest award winners;
- Parade & Pep Rally, 11 a.m.- noon Sat.;
- Local Music Talent Showcase, 6 p.m. Sat.;
- Exhibits: Innovative, eco-friendly and healthy products and services on display in the areas of food, energy, transportation, clothing, home, kids, garden, finances, art and more;
- Presentations: International climate change expert Peter Sinclair, County Water Resources Commissioner Jim Nash, beekeeper Rich Wieske and other thought-provoking presentations all weekend;
- Wellness Programs: Weight loss advice from best-selling author Dr. Kerrie Saunders, DMC cardiologist Dr. Joel Kahn, green juicing educator Anca Iordachianu and others, plus free massage, yoga and health screenings;
- Kids' Corner: Crafts, climbing tower, straw bale climb and a full schedule of kids' activities;
- Community Building: Interactive presentations, Connections Cafe roundtables, local talent entertainment, awards for green leaders and kids' art contest;
- Music, food, samples, tours, prizes and more!
For maps/directions, program schedules, lists of participants and to register or sponsor, visit www.miEDF.org.
Editor's Note: Media are invited to a free festival Preview this Thursday, March 28, 11:30 a.m. at the Rochester Mills Beer Co., Water & Fourth Streets, Rochester. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 586-945-8775.
Cyndi Summers, +1-586-945-8775, email@example.com
SOURCE MI Green Team
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.