MIAMI, Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Home to world-class amenities and novel experiences, Miami Beach is at the forefront of the booming health and fitness industry. With a wide variety of specialty gyms, free community wellness activities and some of the most beautiful scenic running routes in the world, Miami Beach is the perfect locale for anyone in search of an active destination.
This month, the Miami Marathon will zip through the streets of Miami Beach and offer runners an exciting course and a unique cardio experience. For those who prefer interval training, the Spartan Gym at 1 Hotel South Beach challenges guests to become gladiators with obstacle-focused exercises.
"Even before it was cool and trendy, Miami Beach has always provided visitors and residents with endless options to stay fit while on-the-go," says Peggy Benua, Chair, Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority. "From beginners looking for a low impact workout to CrossFit enthusiasts, there's something here for everyone."
Miami Beach even offers complimentary, natural yoga mats to help people relax and unwind while taking in the pristine sand and breathtaking views. To top it off, free classes are offered by 3rd Street Beach Yoga every day.
"Miami Beach locals and our many visitors can enjoy extensive fitness and wellness offerings available at all price points," says Grisette Roque, Executive Director of the MBVCA. "Everyone can take part in the action, while also enjoying our beautiful city as the perfect backdrop and motivation."
With all that there is to do to stay healthy and in shape on Miami Beach, there's never been a better time to "pump it up."
MIAMI BEACH GYMS:
- The first ever Spartan Gym is all about being strong, resilient and finding your inner Spartan. Beach-goers can train like a Spartan with special classes, taught by certified Spartan coaches, complimentary to hotel guests and available for a fee to non-guests. Classes range from high intensity interval training to meditation and yoga. The gym features ropes, a monkey wall and pipes for obstacle-oriented training. Guests also have access to a yoga deck, outdoor workout areas and a private beach for special programs and Spartan challenges.
- Gathering a cult-like following, CrossFit sets the bar with their WODs, or workout of the days. Every workout is a new challenge and will never be the same, pushing members' bodies to the limits and guaranteeing results. At Reebok CrossFit, members are exposed to varied functional movements, think squats and push-ups, done at high intensity. Anyone up for the challenge is welcome to visit the world-class 6,800 square-foot indoor/outdoor facility in the heart of South Beach.
- Get ready to ride! SoulCycle is home to one of the most coveted spinning bike classes, and for good reason. This isn't just any average 45-minute spin class; weights and core work are incorporated to ensure you get the most out of your fat-burning cardio workout.
MIAMI BEACH RUNNING ROUTES:
- The Miami Marathon is calling all runners! With a spectacular course that goes through Miami Beach and many iconic Miami locations, the event marathon is celebrating its 15th year on January 29. Run alongside 25,000 participants racing through the Miami Beach and Miami streets. If 26.2 miles sounds like a daunting task, don't fret; there's also a half marathon.
- The Venetian Causeway is a popular destination for runners. Spanning the Venetian Islands and connecting Miami to Miami Beach, the causeway offers runners beautiful views of the city while being surrounded by the pristine waters of Biscayne Bay.
- South Pointe Park features Miami Beach's only hill! Runners can burn more calories with the slight incline while simultaneously enjoying the ocean breeze.
- The Lummus Park sidewalk is an iconic location as the backdrop of many movies featuring South Beach and the perfect location for anyone looking for a good run. Take a break with a quick game of beach volleyball or just take in all that Miami Beach has to offer.
MIAMI BEACH YOGA
- Namaste! Free Yoga is offered every day of the week at 3rd Street Beach Yoga. The only thing better than yoga is free yoga!
- Whether you're a beginner or a meditation master, greenmonkey Yoga welcomes all. Greenmonkey recognizes itself as a global movement dedicated to redefining the way people think and practice yoga.
About Miami Beach
Recently named the World's Leading City Tourist Board in 2016 and 2016 North America's Leading Tourist Board by the World Travel Awards, first place in the 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the category of "Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada" and a winner in the 2014, 2015 and 2016 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of "Destinations | Mobile App", "Overall Spa Destinations| U.S and Canada" and "Overall Beaches Destinations| U.S and Canada" respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination not only produces its own branded sun care line, MB Miami Beach Suncare, but has been ranked by TripAdvisor as number one in 2011's Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations and was also part of Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world!
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/miami-beach-is-a-fitness-lovers-paradise-300394751.html
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority