MIAMI BEACH, Fla., March 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- While visitors flock to Miami Beach for its warm waters, white sand, fun and relaxing vibe, great restaurants, and nightlife, it's no secret that the city is also one of the most exciting shopping destinations in the country.
Designer boutiques abound in South Beach. On Lincoln Road, Española Way, Washington Avenue, Collins Avenue and Ocean Drive, stores from the Kardashian's DASH and Adrienne Bosh's Sparkle and Shine Darling to other well-known boutiques like Intermix, Alchemist, The Webster, Koko & Palenki as well as recognizable brands like Armani, BCBG Max Azria, Kenneth Cole, Tommy Hilfiger and H&M provide residents and tourists alike with diverse options that make for a vigorous and stimulating retail workout. And because it's Miami Beach, every shopping destination is pedestrian-friendly with a wealth of eateries interspersed throughout, so shoppers can take a refreshment break at any time.
"When it comes to shopping, Miami Beach has as many retail options as any major mall in the country," notes Peggy Benua, Chair, the Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA). "Retailers do well here, often opening flagship locations on Miami Beach that thrive economically. For visitors, the city is the perfect place to visit not only for its great shopping, but its beaches, warm weather, spas and top-tier restaurants. Miami Beach is perfect for that flawless 360-degree, all-in-one vacation."
And unlike most major cities, Miami Beach also has top-tier beachside shopping in many of its major resorts. World-famous hotels like the Loews Miami Beach, Ritz-Carlton South Beach and Fontainebleau Miami Beach even provide on-site shopping options, ranging from luxury boutiques to small souvenir shops.
"Miami Beach is truly a shopper's paradise," says Grisette Roque, Executive Director of the MBVCA. "With a wide selection of name brand boutiques, department stores and a thriving local fashion industry, it's no wonder Miami Beach has become synonymous with world-class shopping."
Resort shopping options on Miami Beach:
This resort with an expansive oceanfront features a wide array of shopping options:
- Aquamarine: Aquamarine is ideal for finding the perfect bathing suit to lounge and swim in. The boutique carries luxurious pieces by brands such as Etro, Eres, Thom Browne, La Perla, and Vilebrequin and offers swimwear for men, women, and children.
- Bleau Signature: Modern and vintage inspired merchandise, jerseys and other bold apparel from local team sports, LIV Nightclub apparel and fun mementos.
- Ida & Harry: Offers casual and luxury clothes and accessories for men and women.
- Timeless: Timepieces and fine jewelry, for women and men, from two dozen fine designer names.
- Lapis: This world-famous spa also has a small retail space that carries the latest in beauty products from cosmetics to sun, skin and hair care lines as well as trendy apparel, activewear, loungewear, lingerie, and gift items such as candles, books, soaps, perfumes and accessories.
- On-site shopping is available at the Splash boutique with a chic selection of women's and men's clothing, jewelry, handbags, and other designer duds.
- Give: The Shop features a selection of unique and exclusive items created and selected in the spirit of giving. The majority of offered items at give support both local designers and companies that give back to the community.
- The Signature Shop at the Ritz-Carlton South Beach including designers Splendid, Ella Moss, Hale Bob, Gucci, Dior, Joie, DVF, Lacoste and more. The shop also includes one-of-a-kind specialty items including a line of dishware by the late famed architect Morris Lapidus who also designed the historic hotel.
- W The Store includes a special selection of hard-to-find, trend-setting items for men and women with brands, like La ROK, Marc Jacobs, Theory, Kenneth Jay Lane, Rebecca Minkoff and more.
About Miami Beach
Recently awarded first place in the 2016 edition of the Travvy Awards, presented by travAlliancemedia in the category of "Best Wedding Destination, U.S. & Canada" and a winner in the 2014 and 2015 Magellan Awards by Travel Weekly in the categories of "Destinations | Mobile App" and "Overall Spa Destinations| U.S and Canada" respectively, Miami Beach is a favorite destination among travelers worldwide. Renowned for its unparalleled culinary offerings, extravagant nightlife, rich culture, luxe shopping and plush hotels, Miami Beach is home to unique museums, the New World Symphony, Miami City Ballet, Miami Beach Convention Center, international festivals and art exhibitions, boat and auto shows, over 187 boutique and resort hotels and 12 public parks; it is no wonder the beautifully diverse city is one of the world's most popular vacation destinations. Boasting seven miles of breathtaking beaches, Miami Beach is easily accessible from the Port of Miami and Miami International Airport. The City of Miami Beach has been named one of the top cities worldwide for 'walkability' and is equally easy to navigate by bike or boat. Known for its year-round sunny skies, the vibrant destination not only produces its own branded sun care line, MB Miami Beach Suncare, but has been ranked by TripAdvisor as number one in 2011's Top Winter Sun Vacation Rental Getaway Destinations and was also part of Top 25 Beaches in the World and Top 25 Destinations in the U.S. Miami Beach is like no other place in the world!
SOURCE Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority