NEW YORK, Feb. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The urbanization rate in Japan was % in 2014, higher than in Western Europe and North America (about %). Urban areas are more congested.
- The rail system is well established in Japan's urban areas. While rural areas suffer from lack of public transport infrastructure, urban areas face first mile and last mile connectivity issues.
- Japan is the most ageing society in the world. Over a quarter of the population is years or older and this number is expected to reach % by 2060. Mobility for seniors is a key challenge.
- Reducing CO2 emissions from transportation is a mobility challenge globally, including in Japan.
Micro Mobility Potential
Micro mobility has the potential to solve mobility challenges because of its compact size, body type, ease of driving, and being electricity driven.
- It is expected to address mobility needs for different users such as city dwellers, rural residents, tourists, the elderly, and business users.
- The potential is high as city dwellers' first mile and last mile connectivity, for business use for delivery, and elderly personal mobility.
Demonstration experiments are conducted at a small scale in mainly small and medium-size cities or isolated islands to minimize disruption of the existing transportation system in large cities.
- Each demonstration experiment has unique objectives such as autonomous driving, oneway car sharing, multimodal mobility, and renewable energy. Micro mobility is used as a tool to evaluate these objectives.
- City governments, vehicle manufacturers, and system providers are working closely to conduct demonstration experiments to collect and analyze the data.
- The duration of demonstration experiments is short, from a few days to year. Some experiments are renewed with different objectives.
- The Japanese government will evaluate the results and findings of the demonstration experiments to develop regulations for micro mobility. Permanent and nationwide implementation of micro mobility services are expected to come about after the regulations are set up.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03364519-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001