NEW YORK, May 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Commercial/Industrial, Community/Utility, Institutional/Campus, Military,
and Remote Microgrids: Operating, Planned, and Proposed Projects
Most microgrids in operation today are, in essence, retrofit projects that cobble together existing assets and derive revenue from an overlay of controls used to enable legacy technology (consisting of the majority of the assets within the microgrid) to talk to new technology (usually small amounts of solar PV or a new advanced energy storage unit). Today, however, microgrids are beginning to move more into the mainstream. The result is a microgrid market that is much more robust than it was only 4 years ago. New vendors keep entering this space and previously undiscovered projects keep coming to the fore.
As of 2Q 2013, Navigant Research has identified a total of 3,793 MW of total microgrid capacity throughout the world, up from 3,179 MW in the previous tracker update in 4Q 2012. North America is still the world's leading market for microgrids, with a planned, proposed, and deployed capacity of 2,505 MW, representing 66% of the global capacity. This represents an additional 55 projects since the 4Q 2012 update, and an additional 417 MW. Of the total North American microgrid capacity, 1,459 MW is currently online and over 1,122 MW is in the planned/under development or proposed phase.
This Navigant Research tracker report provides data on known microgrid projects in the proposal, planning, and deployed stages, including details on the various technologies employed in individual projects. The tracker includes specific information on the capacity of the following generation assets: diesel, combined heat and power, solar photovoltaic, wind, and fuel cells. It also details the rated capacity, duration, and types of energy storage for each project. The database is also segmented by world region.
Key Questions Addressed:
• How many microgrids are up and running, and where are they located?
• What projects are in the planning and proposal stage?
• What types of power generation are being deployed in today's microgrids?
• What types of energy storage – and at what scale – are being deployed in grid-tied and remote microgrids?
• Which vendors are developing projects, and where are the projects located?
• What is the rated capacity, duration, and type of energy storage associated with each microgrid project?
Who needs this report?
• Microgrid developers
• Microgrid component vendors
• Large technology companies
• Government agencies and policymakers
• Investor community
Table of Contents
1. Methodology and Data Insights
1.1 Introduction to Navigant Research's Microgrid Deployment Tracker
1.3 Segmentation Rationale
1.4 Important Caveats Regarding the Microgrid Deployment Tracker
1.5 2Q 2013 Update Insights
2. Acronym and Abbreviation List
3. Table of Contents
4. Table of Charts and Figures
5. Scope of Study, Sources and Methodology
List of Charts and Figures
• Total Microgrid Capacity by Region, World Markets: 2Q 2013
• Total Microgrid Capacity by Segment, World Markets: 2Q 2013
• Total Capacity of Microgrids in Operation by Segment, World Markets: 2Q 2013
• Current Operating Microgrid Market Share by Region, World Markets: 2Q 2013
• Planned/Proposed Microgrid Market Share by Region, World Markets: 2Q 2013
List of Tables
• Microgrid Projects, North America: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Europe: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Asia Pacific: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Rest of World: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Commercial/Industrial Segment: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Community/Utility Segment: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Institutional/Campus Environment Segment: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Military Segment: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, Remote Systems Segment: 2Q 2013
• Microgrid Projects, All Regions, All Segments: 2Q 2013
• Total Microgrid Capacity by Region, World Markets: 4Q 2012 and 2Q 2013
• Total Number of Microgrid Projects by Region, World Markets: 4Q 2012 and 2Q 2013
• Total Microgrid Capacity by Segment, World Markets: 4Q 2012 and 2Q 2013
• Total Number of Microgrid Projects by Segment, World Markets: 4Q 2012 and 2Q 2013
To order this report:
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
US:(339) 368 6001
Intl:+1 339 368 6001