DUBLIN, May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Microneedle Drug Delivery Systems to 2020" report to their offering.
The widespread availability of rapid throughput screening is accelerating the discovery of new drugs, a significant number of which are large-molecule therapeutic compounds that cannot tolerate passage through the digestive system, requiring pharmaceutical companies to forego oral formulations and select alternate routes of administration.
Microneedle technology has the potential address the growing trend toward self-administration by allowing the precise placement of therapeutic agents at prescribed locations below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques for large-scale manufacturing and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable drug delivery systems.
Key Questions Answered:
- What approved drug products are currently supplied in microneedle devices and systems, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
- Who are the branded microneedle drug delivery device and system suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
- What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle drug delivery?
- How important are drug developer-device manufacturer relationships and what are the key alliances in the industry?
- What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for microneedle drug delivery products?
- What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle delivery products and what is their market share now? What will it be in 2020?
- What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for prefilled syringes?
1. Executive Summary
2. Microneedle Design & Technology
3. Microneedle Drug Delivery - Market Factors
4. Microneedle Drug Delivery Assessments
5. Near-Terms Markets - Sector Assessments and Forecasts
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/zwp25r/microneedle_drug
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/microneedle-drug-delivery-systems-to-2020---sector-assessments--forecasts---research-and-markets-300271023.html
SOURCE Research and Markets