SAN RAFAEL, Calif., March 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mighty Leaf Tea Company, which specializes in artisan blends of whole leaf teas, herbs and fruits, today launched a new multi-tiered tea program, which offers three distinct lines of teas to serve the multi-faceted needs of its foodservice customers. The new program is a part of the company's broader strategy to offer a high-quality tea program for the foodservice channel at every price point and for every venue.
The company also launched today its re-imagined iced tea portfolio, designed to help foodservice providers take advantage of the significant growth in this profitable segment. The wide variety of fresh-brewed iced tea options, from traditional black to innovative green blends and herbal infusions are available in convenient pre-portioned fractional packs and filter bag options.
Tea is the most widely consumed beverage in the world next to water. According to the Tea Association, over 158 million Americans are drinking tea on an average day. The new program taps into $9B billion tea market in the U.S. foodservice sector.
The three-tiered hot tea program includes the following brands:
- Tea & Company
- New 100 percent USDA organic premium brand launched exclusively for higher end restaurants and hospitality where a boutique offering is critical
- Assortment of inventive herbal blends, rare and exotic teas as well as traditional teas
- Many small lot teas, sourced from renowned tea regions around the world
- Twelve teas packaged in iconic, hand-stitched, silken pouches as well as nine loose teas
- Mighty Leaf Whole Tea
- The signature Mighty Leaf Tea now with a refreshed brand look, continues to be the premium tea line ideal for hospitality, lodging, casual dining and office coffee service
- Over 20 Mighty Leaf teas packaged in the signature hand stitched pouch are now only available to foodservice operators as are over 70 loose tea varietals
- Half of the line has been converted to USDA Organic; 20 percent Fair Trade Certified™
- Launching four new teas: Organic and Fair Trade Coconut Assam, Organic Emerald Matcha, Organic and Fair Trade Almond Spice, and Decaf Breakfast
- Origins by Mighty Leaf
- A new high quality, value line optimal for in-room hotel tea service, banquets and catering and fast-casual and cafes
- Kosher, Gluten-Free, and Certified Vegan, Non-GMO Project verification in process
- Six teas, including Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Jasmine Green, Tropical Green, Chamomile, and Pure Mint
New Iced Tea Portfolio
- Portfolio designed to appeal to a broad range of consumer tastes.
- 10 flavors of Iced Teas - 5 blacks, 3 greens and 2 herbals
- Four teas are USDA Certified Organic
- All flavors offered in pre-portioned 3 gallon fractional packs and 1 gallon filter bag options
"We are excited about our enhanced foodservice portfolio," said Tom Smallhorn, chief marketing officer, Mighty Leaf Tea. "With three distinct lines of high-quality options, at a variety of price points, plus a new portfolio of iced teas we can provide all the tea solutions for customer needs."
Mighty Leaf Tea is available at the finest hotels and restaurants, national and regional grocery stores, and a wide variety of other foodservice operators nationwide.
For more information on Mighty Leaf Tea, please visit www.mightyleaf.com.
About Mighty Leaf Tea
Based in San Rafael, CA, Mighty Leaf blends a broad range of artisan specialty teas from the finest ingredients from around the world and distributes its brand primarily through specialty retailers, high-end restaurants and premier hotels and resorts across North America and globally. Its proprietary handcrafted stitched pouch and its distinctive packaging combine to make it a key premium brand with a strong affinity among loyal consumers.
The company's superior customer service and comprehensive customer support programs make Mighty Leaf a one-stop solution for retailers, foodservice distributors and operators and hospitality providers. For more information about Mighty Leaf Tea, visit www.mightyleaf.com. Connect on Facebook at facebook.com/mightyleaftea, on Twitter at twitter.com/mightyleaf, and on Instagram at instagram.com/mightyleaftea.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mighty-leaf-tea-launches-tiered-tea-program-and-iced-tea-portfolio-300420599.html
SOURCE Mighty Leaf Tea