● Car-sharing services, offer drivers the ability to lease an automobile for a few hours per day.
● Ride-sharing services, enable riders to share trips with others going the same way.
● Ride-hailing services, such as Uber, are notable for disrupting the taxi industry and are predicted to do the same to the automotive industry. These services enable passengers to hail freelance drivers using their own cars to transport riders on short trips.
● Bike-sharing services are similar to car-sharing, in which users pay nominal amounts to rent a bicycle for an hour or two.
Results of the survey show that:
● Ride-hailing services are more popular than other types of mobility options and are used much more frequently than other ride-sharing services with 82% of respondents saying they have hailed a ride.
● Millennials said they will use ride-hailing services 70% of the time when going out for an evening with friends.
When asked about the reasons why they like to use such services
● 64% of US respondents mentioned the ability to simply open an app and call a car to the nearest curb
● 35% said the efficiency of the experience
● and 28% said the reduced cost
When asked about the reason for their satisfaction:
● 42% of respondents mentioned the wide accessibility of the service
● 29% mentioned the ease of payment
● and 22% chose the low cost of the service
Ride-hailing services, led by Uber, have significantly disrupted the landscape for personal travel. The automobile industry certainly recognizes this shift and what it potentially means for the future of automobile ownership. As a result, both traditional players like Toyota, and automotive startups such as Tesla have plans toenter the shared mobility market in the upcoming months.
To see all results and read the full report, pleaseclick here.
To download creative common licensed infographics to illustrate your article, pleaseclick here.
About Reportlinker Insight:
Reportlinker Insight combines analysis and exclusive investigations.
We cover innovations, social and economics megatrends to understand the world of tomorrow. For more information, please visit http://www.reportlinker.com/insight/.
T: +1 347 903 1913
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/millennials-embrace-ride-hailing-to-pave-a-new-path-for-mobility-300364735.html