Millions See Text From Bubblehead..."Pls Dnt Txt + Drive"
LOS ANGELES, Aug. 22, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- On the busiest freeway in America, the 405 Freeway in California, we are now being asked to "PLEASE DON'T TEXT AND DRIVE." This 13,000 square foot vital message is from a beautiful girl nicknamed "Bubblehead". She has a long history of creating massive street art, graffiti and wild postings with messages calling for the public to do the right thing. Bubblehead's new SuperMural text message is viewed by millions on the 405 Freeway and plane passengers flying into Los Angeles International Airport. Many celebrities have helped get out this important message, like Oprah Winfrey's "No Phone Zone" and Justin Bieber, have been extremely proactive in advising us all not to text and drive.
Texting is dangerous. Texting while driving has led to more and more automobile accidents. In fact, texting while driving is actually more hazardous than driving while under the influence of alcohol. These statistics prove as to why texting is so unsafe:
- When a driver texts while driving, their reaction time will decrease by over 35%
- A driver is twenty three times more likely to get into a car accident while driving and texting.
- Drivers are also six times as likely to get into a car accident while dialing a number into their cellular devices.
- When texting, steering capability goes down by 90%.
- Texting has caused many car accidents and death related incidents in the driving age group of 16-21, the largest texting demographic.
Text your friends and family, "PLS DNT TXT + DRIVE"