Ministers and Industry Chiefs to Debate 2030 Targets
BRUSSELS, October 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Political and industry leaders will debate '2030 targets - the magic number?' onthe opening day of EWEA OFFSHORE 2013 on 19 November in Frankfurt.
- Daniel Johansson, State Secretary, Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communication, Sweden
- Melchior Wathelet, Secretary of State for the Environment, Energy and Mobility, Belgium
- Jos Delbeke, Director-General for Climate Action, European Commission
- Jens Tommerup, CEO Vestas-MHI Offshore Joint Venture, Denmark
- Henrik Poulsen, CEO, DONG Energy
"This a crucial time for the offshore wind industry which is currently facing a policy vacuum after 2020. What fills that vacuum - and whether it includes a 2030 renewable energy target - will be determined in the next few months, partly by the people at this event," said Jacopo Moccia, head of political affairs at the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA).
The panel discussion will be followed by a high level press conference.
Event website: http://www.ewea.org/offshore2013
SOURCE EWEA European Wind Energy Association