The event will also serve as a vehicle for students from around the Institute and beyond to pursue employment and networking opportunities in the space industry while offering a turnkey, human capital solution to private and public sector companies.
Speakers will discuss all aspects of astropreneurship – the future of human space flight, space accelerators, the role of public organizations and policy makers, development of new generations of satellites, propulsion means, space habitats, and more.
Slated speakers among others are:
- William J. Pomerantz – Vice President, Virgin Galactic
- Akshay Patel – Vice President, Planetary Resources
- Naveed Hussain, Vice President, Boeing Corporation
- Dr. Leslie Dewan – Co-founder and CEO, Transatomic Power
- Dr. Jeffrey Hoffman – Director, MIT Man Vehicle Lab
- Grant Anderson – CEO and Co-Founder, Paragon
- Dr. Sean Casey – Founder and Managing Director, Silicon Valley Space Center
- Emily Calandrelli – Host/roducer/Writer, Xploration Outer Space and TechCrunch
To register for the New Space Age Conference, please visit: http://www.newspaceage.org/tickets/
Follow along on Twitter @SloanSpace and #MITNewSpaceAge.
About the MIT Astropreneurship and Space Industry Club
The aim of the MIT Astropreneurship and Space Industry Club is to create a platform that will advance growth of the private space industry sector by promoting entrepreneurship and providing the connection between "new space" organizations, academia, funding, and the talent pools of MIT. The club is driven by people who share these two passions: space and entrepreneurship. Learn more at facebook.com/asicmit
About the MIT Sloan School of Management
The MIT Sloan School of Management is where smart, independent leaders come together to solve problems, create new organizations, and improve the world. Learn more at http://mitsloan.mit.edu/
For further information, contact:
Director of Media Relations
Associate Director of Media Relations
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20141117/158975LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mit-sloan-to-host-inaugural-new-space-age-conference-on-the-emerging-space-economy-300240620.html
SOURCE MIT Sloan School of Management