CYPRESS, Calif., April 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported historic March sales of 8,996, a 70 percent increase over the March 2013 total. It was the best single month of sales for Mitsubishi since August 2008, and also the best March sales in six years.
The U.S.-built Outlander Sport led the way with an all-time record monthly sales total of 3,264, up 33.7 percent compared to March 2013 sales. Outlander Sport was introduced in 2010 and had a previous record monthly total of 2,634 (June 2013).
The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,499 units sold, also an all-time best for the model which was introduced in September 2013.
"We're extremely pleased to see what we can do when the entire Mitsubishi organization puts it all together for a month," said MMNA EVP of Sales, Don Swearingen. "We are encouraged that consumers are proving that the mix of safety and fuel efficiency that we're offering in our brand is what they want. We're going to start our new fiscal year with a bang in April by upping our advertising exposure and continuing extremely attractive incentives for customers who visit our showrooms and see what all the excitement is about."
Highlights of March sales include:
- Total Mitsubishi sales are up 24.0 percent year-to-date.
- Outlander sales were up 59.9 percent for the month and are up 22.4 percent year-to-date. This was the best month of sales for Outlander in six years.
- Outlander Sport sales were up 33.7 percent for the month and are up 37.0 percent year-to-date.
- Lancer sales were up 72.4 percent for the month. It was the best month of sales for Lancer since August 2008.
- Lancer Evolution sales were up 27.1 percent for the month and are up 15.3 percent year-to-date.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all research & development, manufacturing, marketing, sales and financial services for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells sedans and crossovers/SUVs through a network of approximately 400 dealers. MMNA is leading the way in the development of highly-efficient, affordably-priced new gasoline-powered automobiles while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America