Mitsubishi Motors Owners and Enthusiasts Gear Up for Best-Ever 2014 Mitsubishi Owners Day (MOD) North American debut of the futuristic Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV, and the unveiling of the 2015 Mitsubishi Motors vehicle lineup
CYPRESS, Calif., July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) will host its biggest and best-ever annual celebration for thousands of loyal Mitsubishi Motors brand enthusiasts at the 2014 Mitsubishi Owner's Day (MOD) at the company's North American headquarters located at 6400 Katella Avenue in Cypress, California 90630. The festivities kick off at 9:00 am on Saturday July 12, with the event open to the public and admission completely free of charge.
Attended by thousands of diehard Mitsubishi Motors fans and their 1,200-plus Mitsubishi Motors vehicles every year – numerous generations of the legendary Lancer Evolution high-performance sports sedan, the adventurous Outlander and Montero, sporty coupes including various iterations of the Eclipse and turbocharged Starion, the technologically-advanced 3000 GT sports car, and the eye-catching Galant sedan – the annual Mitsubishi Owner's Day (MOD) is a must-see event for automotive enthusiasts.
And with more sights and attractions than ever before, MOD 2014 promises to be the biggest and best Mitsubishi Owners Day ever. MOD 2014 highlights include:
- North American debut of the visionary Mitsubishi Concept XR-PHEV that takes the compact SUV/crossover to the next level with its bold styling, reduced weight, and a highly efficient 1.1-liter direct-injected and turbocharged engine-based plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) drivetrain.
- North American premiere of the entire 2015 Mitsubishi Motors model lineup, including the updated 2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport.
- U.S. debut of the sleek Mitsubishi Mirage G4 – a sedan version of the hot-selling fuel-efficient and affordably-priced Mitsubishi Mirage 5-door.
- The 2014 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb race-winning Mitsubishi MiEV Evolution III electric-powered racing prototype.
- Meet the star of Mitsubishi Motors' upcoming commercial for the newly updated 2015 Outlander Sport, freeride mountain bike star Cam McCaul (autograph signing from 9:00 to 11:00 am).
Fun events/displays include the awesome Rockford Fosgate® SoundLab, VANS BMX and skateboard team demonstrations, Red Bull free samples, the 2014 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb customized/modified Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution and Outlander "Official Safety Vehicles," and much more.
MOD 2014 attendees will have a chance to win fabulous prizes including one-of-a-kind MOD 2014 Oakley sunglasses through a Mitsubishi Motors social media giveaway (attendees are encouraged to tag #MOD2014 on Twitter and Instagram), along with great prizes awarded to the People's Choice Award, Longest Drive Award and the king of the all-powerful Dyno Challenge.
Attendees who choose to display their own Mitsubishi Motors vehicle at MOD 2014 will receive a coupon for a free lunch combo from the In-N-Out Burger's catering truck that will be on the Mitsubishi Motors campus for the event (additional combo meal tickets can be purchased for only $5.00 at the MMNA Food/Apparel booths), along with a delicious shaved ice treat for dessert.
For more information about Mitsubishi Owner's Day, visit us at mitsubishicars.com, Facebook.com/mitsubishi, Twitter.com/mitsucars, and Instagram.com/mitsubishimotors.
About Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all research & development, manufacturing, marketing, sales and financial services for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells sedans and crossovers/SUVs through a network of approximately 400 dealers. MMNA is leading the way in the development of highly-efficient, affordably-priced new gasoline-powered automobiles while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.