CYPRESS, Calif., March 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Mitsubishi Motors North America (MMNA) today reported February sales of 5,977.
The U.S.-built Outlander Sport led the way with an increase of 42.8 percent for the month compared to February 2013 sales. The all-new Mitsubishi Mirage had 1,116 units sold in the vehicle's fourth full month of sales, exceeding a thousand units for the third month in a row.
"We're very pleased at the efforts of our sales team and our dealer partners in February, despite the challenging weather conditions we have had across the United States," said MMNA EVP of Sales, Don Swearingen. "We're anticipating a big month of March with some extremely attractive incentives for our customers and our highest TV advertising exposure thus far this year."
Highlights of February sales include:
- Aggregate sales of MMNA's core models (Outlander Sport, Outlander, Lancer, and Mirage) were up 8.9 percent in February, and are up 12.7 percent year-to-date.
- Outlander Sport sales were 2,348 units, an increase of 42.8 percent. It was the fourth-largest monthly total in history and the best-ever February sales of the model (launched in 2010).
- Outlander Sport sales are up 39.9 percent year-to-date.
- Outlander sales are up 5.5 percent year-to-date.
- MMNA sales are up 1.3 percent year-to-date. The small decrease in February (1.2 percent) broke a string of four consecutive months of year-over-year increases.
Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc., (MMNA) is responsible for all research & development, manufacturing, marketing, sales and financial services for Mitsubishi Motors in the United States. MMNA sells sedans and crossovers/SUVs through a network of approximately 400 dealers. MMNA is leading the way in the development of highly-efficient, affordably-priced new gasoline-powered automobiles while using its industry-leading knowledge in battery electric vehicles to develop future EV and PHEV models. For more information, contact the Mitsubishi Motors News Bureau at (888) 560-6672 or visit media.mitsubishicars.com.
SOURCE Mitsubishi Motors North America