MJ&S Transportation Goes the Extra Mile with AT&T Enhanced Push-to-Talk and Mobile Workforce Management Solutions AT&T Helps Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Company Better Serve the Local Medicare Population
OAK LAWN, Ill., July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MJ&S Transportation, a non-emergency medical transportation company devoted to delivering the best possible experience for its clients, has teamed with AT&T* to deliver a differentiated customer experience for the Medicare population in the Chicagoland surrounding suburbs.
MJ&S deployed AT&T's Enhanced Push to Talk (EPTT) and Xora® StreetSmart Workforce™ from AT&T to help keep its drivers and dispatch office in sync while transporting clients to and from their local medical appointments. The AT&T mobility solutions help MJ&S provide its customers with a reliable white-glove door-to-door service.
- AT&T's EPTT provides instant communications between the dispatch office and drivers at MJ&S Transportation. This is essential in providing for the needs of its senior citizen base of clients. With AT&T EPTT, the dispatch can deliver short, audible messages to drivers at times when a phone call or text is not advisable.
- Xora StreetSmart Workforce from AT&T provides MJ&S with visibility into the location of its vehicles as well as real-time traffic information through Google Maps. Dispatchers can pinpoint the exact location of vehicles to make sure drivers are choosing the best routes and making the most of their time. This information also allows dispatchers to re-route or easily find vehicles if necessary, and update passengers on departure and arrival times.
"From my previous experience, I realized that nailing down logistical details is critical to having a business run smoothly," said JD Singleton, Owner of MJ&S Transportation. "If we have a patient whose doctor appointment is taking longer than expected, we can use the AT&T tools to change the route and notify the drivers. It really provides an added layer of safety, too. We know the speed our drivers are going. We know where our vehicles are if there is an emergency."
The great performance of AT&T's network continues to be validated by independent third-party testing:
- RootMetrics® has awarded AT&T for strongest overall call, text, and data performance in multiple markets from January through June of this year.*
- Meanwhile, our 4G LTE service was recognized as having faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests – the second consecutive year that AT&T has ranked 1st overall. PCWorld/TechHive also ranked AT&T's as the fastest combination of 3G and 4G services in the 20 cities it tested. **
- And AT&T was named America's fastest 4G LTE network in PC Magazine's 2013 Fastest Mobile Networks 30-market study – and also swept the top rankings in all six U.S. regions from coast to coast: Northeast, Southeast, North-Central, South-Central, Northwest and Southwest. ***
* Visit rootmetrics.com for more details. Performance rankings of four national wireless carriers rely on scores calculated from random samples. Your experiences may vary. The RootMetrics award is not an endorsement of AT&T.
** PCWorld/TechHive, May 23, 2013, "AT&T clocks best overall speeds with 3G/4G combo"
*** PC Magazine, June 17, 2013; http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2420333,00.asp
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (NYSE: T) is a premier communications holding company and one of the most honored companies in the world. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and internationally. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation's largest 4G network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet, voice and cloud-based services. A leader in mobile Internet, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide of any U.S. carrier, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T │DIRECTV brands. The company's suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world.
Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com/aboutus or follow our news on Twitter at @ATT, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/att and YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/att.
© 2013 AT&T Intellectual Property. All rights reserved. 4G not available everywhere. AT&T, the AT&T logo and all other marks contained herein are trademarks of AT&T Intellectual Property and/or AT&T affiliated companies. All other marks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE AT&T Inc.