Mobile Beacon Sponsors Innovations in Education Award Winning schools to receive free laptop, 4G mobile hotspot and one year of service
NORTH PROVIDENCE, R.I., April 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobile Beacon (www.mobilebeacon.org), a nationwide leader in providing low-cost, mobile 4G Internet service is proud to be a sponsor of this year's Catholic Schools for Tomorrow Award, Innovations in Education. Twelve schools from around the country have been selected as award winners. Mobile Beacon will give each winning school one free laptop and one 4G mobile hotspot with free internet service for a year.
"We are very proud to be a part of this year's awards," said Katherine Messier, Director of Broadband Services for Mobile Beacon. "As a nonprofit, we are always gratified when we can give back to the educational community, and recognize the good work that is being done in Catholic schools across the country," she added.
This year's Award recipients are:
- Bishop Moore Catholic High School, Orlando, FL
- Catholic Partnership Schools, Camden, NJ
- Holy Family Catholic Academy, Inverness, IL
- Mount Carmel Academy, New Orleans, LA
- Blessed Teresa School/Northeast Deanery, Ferguson, MO
- Roncalli High School, Indianapolis, IN
- Saint Brigid of Kildare School, Dublin, OH
- St. Francis of Assisi, Louisville, KY
- St. John Neumann Catholic School, Columbia, SC
- St. Joseph School, Cold Spring, KY
- St. Jude the Apostle Catholic School, Atlanta, GA
- St. Margaret Catholic School, Lake Charles, LA
Award categories include: Innovation in curriculum and instruction; innovation in total community involvement, innovation facilitated by technology; innovation in marketing your Catholic school; innovation in promoting Catholic identity; and innovation in reconstructing or merging schools. This year's awards will be presented on April 12th in Boston during the NCEA Convention.
About Mobile Beacon
Mobile Beacon is a pioneer in offering fourth generation (4G) mobile broadband services exclusively to education and nonprofit organizations across the United States. Mobile Beacon was created by a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has more than 20 years experience serving the educational community and one of the largest national educational broadband service (EBS) providers in the country. Through an agreement with Clearwire, Mobile Beacon provides high-speed data services and mobile Internet access to educational and nonprofit organizations. Learn more at www.mobilebeacon.org.
SOURCE Mobile Beacon