Mobile Innovation from OnForce Fuels IT Field Service Efficiency
Recently launched mobile app shaves more than twelve minutes off every work order, yielding substantial bottom-line benefits for IT service businesses
BOSTON, Feb. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovative mobile technology from OnForce, the leading source for on-site tech talent, is helping IT service businesses significantly boost the efficiency and responsiveness of service technicians in the field. Based on usage statistics and findings from a recent study, OnForce's iPhone app has:
- Eliminated more than 12 minutes of administrative time per work order, which translates into true bottom-line benefits for IT service businesses that have technicians executing multiple jobs in the field every day.
- More than 100,000 transactions in a two month span.
- Delivered a better overall work order experience according to 92 percent of current users.
"The IT service industry is about seconds saved," said Peter Cannone , CEO of OnForce. "We've worked hard to build an army of the best techs with the best skills and now we can help them become even more efficient by eliminating time wasted for administrative tasks like finding directions and shuffling through paperwork."
The development team at OnForce continues to introduce new features and functionality that drive even greater efficiency for technicians on the road. In fact, OnForce has released several new enhancements since the initial launch in December:
- Photo capture capabilities that enable technicians to clearly document before, during, and after work site status – keeping all key stakeholders in the loop on job progress.
- An Android version is now in beta testing to bring the same productivity gains to a larger base of field technicians.
- Continued refinements to support user experience and performance.
Feedback from technicians has been overwhelmingly positive:
- "I went to a job site today and didn't have to go through the trouble of printing out paperwork. Instead, I was able to view key customer information that I needed through the OnForce Android beta app all with one simple touch. The app saves me time and removes the administrative hassles. Love it!" – Arthur Moore , Your Personal IT
- "Submitting photos is the #1 thing that saves time and being able to include an explanation for each photo is fantastic." – Steve Parent , Databank I.T. Solutions Inc.
- "Being able to log into the OnForce app instantly saves me lots of time in all aspects of OnForce, from checking in and out, to reviewing and accepting calls on the road. I can't imagine working without it now. Thanks, OnForce." – Jit Gill , Gillfish Systems
The company expects to expand its Android beta test to more than 500 users in the coming weeks. If you would like to be a participant in the Android beta, please send your request to: prosupport@OnForce.com.
OnForce is the #1 source for on-site tech talent in the cloud. By partnering with OnForce, service buyers can connect with thousands of highly skilled service professionals to fulfill on-site work throughout the US and Canada. With more than 2 million service events completed, OnForce is a proven and trusted solution. Service buyers can gain extensive geographic coverage, lower service costs, extend skill-sets, and generate new streams of revenue on demand. The company supports more than 20 IT and CE categories, such as computers, printers, networking, VoIP, Point of Sale, and more. OnForce is the partner in service. For additional information, please visit www.onforce.com.
More by this Source
OnForce Appoints Bill Price as Chief Operating Officer
May 01, 2013, 11:42 ET
OnForce Mobile Apps Give IT Field Service an Efficiency Boost
Apr 23, 2013, 08:43 ET
OnForce Recognizes the Best Techs in IT Field Services
Jan 30, 2013, 09:57 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.