DALLAS, Aug. 29, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MERA KNOWLEDGEFEST -- Mobileye (Booth #929), the leader in collision prevention and mitigation technologies and driver safety systems, today at Mobile Electronics Retailers Association (MERA) Knowledgefest unveiled two new technologies, a new addition to its product line, as well as merchandising opportunities and pricing updates.
Mobileye's flagship C2-270 collision prevention system incorporates a unique set of driver safety and convenience applications on an aftermarket solution. With an MSRP of $749, the C2-270 features a single "smart" camera housed with Mobileye's proprietary EyeQ™ chip and algorithms, and is easily installed on the front windshield inside the vehicle. In addition to a high-quality audio alert, the solution also features a visual display, EyeWatch™, to assist the driver.
Driver assistance and safety functions on the entire C2-Series include:
- Mobileye Headway Monitoring and Warning (HMW): Helps the driver keep a safe following distance from the vehicle ahead and alerts the driver when following too closely
- Mobileye Forward Collision Warning (FCW): Alerts the driver of an imminent collision with a vehicle or motorcycle—up to 2.7 seconds before a collision—providing enough time for the driver to react by changing course or applying the brakes
- Mobileye Pedestrian Collision Warning (PCW): Notifies the driver of an impending collision with a pedestrian or bicyclist
- Mobileye Lane Departure Warning (LDW): Warns the driver when there is an unintentional deviation from the driving lanes
The newest addition to the C2-Series, the C2-200, also measures the driving distance and calculates the time of probable collision with other vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians, as well as alerting the driver of unintended lane departure. Available in October, the C2-200 features an audio only solution and has an MSRP of $649. Mobileye's EyeWatch is available as an accessory for consumers who purchase the C2-200 at an MSRP of $199.
As Mobileye continues to focus on advanced driver assistance systems, the company is introducing new technologies – to be deployed in the next two months – that expand its set of driver safety and convenience applications including:
- Mobileye Speed-Limit Indication (SLI): Recognizes and reads speed limit signs (including electronic signs) and warns drivers when exceeding the limit at a level chosen by the driver
- Mobileye Intelligent High-Beam Control (IHC): Automatically raises and lowers the high beam based on oncoming or preceding traffic
"Mobileye is committed to leading the way in this emerging space by continuing to develop technologies that enhance driver safety and reinforce safe habits on the road," said Skip Kinford, Mobileye CEO. "The recent additions to our product line and the technologies we're introducing are important steps forward in our commitment to improve the safety of our roadways, a benefit shared by all."
With 72 percent of car accidents caused by driver inattention within three seconds before a collision, solutions like Mobileye are becoming the way of the future, with consumers increasingly taking notice. Mobileye's C2-270 is currently sold via its global distributor network, including retail partners such as Camping World, Al and Ed's, and Car Toys.
For more information about Mobileye, visit www.mobileye.com.
Mobileye is the technology leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). The company's unique vision-based platform, driven by its proprietary chipset and algorithms, works as a third eye to mitigate and reduce the risk of collision. Mobileye's comprehensive solutions are available for aftermarket applications and are integrated into the vehicles of a growing number of manufacturers including BMW, General Motors, Volvo and others. Headquartered in The Netherlands, Mobileye has offices in the United States, Israel, Cyprus and Japan. For more information, please visit www.mobileye.com.