SAN FRANCISCO, May 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Mobilize, developer of a next generation messaging platform for large groups, today announced the launch of its mobile application, now available for download at the app store. Existing mobile messaging solutions like Slack, Google Groups and Yammer were created for conversations between friends, families and small teams--when required to scale to facilitate conversations between thousands of people they quickly fall short. Built to enable seamless communications from tens to tens of thousands of contacts, the Mobilize App brings scale, structure and organization to mobile messaging for an increasingly mobile-first society.
"Existing messaging technologies were never designed to support communication with large groups. These problems become even more urgent when attempted from a mobile device where managing a group and communicating with even hundreds becomes impossible," said Sharon Savariego, CEO and co-founder, Mobilize. "Mobilize is the ultimate messaging solution to rally groups through multi-channel communication that works at scale. Our new app allows users to send both group and targeted messages and follow ups, stay organized with topic based threads and manage multi-channel communications through our easy to use dashboard. The app is our latest step in solving for large-scale communications."
Today more than 2,500 leaders at 250 organizations use Mobilize to connect, manage and empower more than 500,000 people. From marketplaces and their sellers, to on-demand platforms and their workforces, to tech companies and their developers, to the world's many volunteer-based organizations and nonprofits, the new Mobilize App will help strengthen group and network partner engagement and communication.
Mobilize: Scalable Messaging for Large Groups to Take Action and Achieve Results
Mobilize customers including Microsoft, Salesforce, Telefonica, Prezi, Meetup, The United Nations and the California Democratic Network, have one thing in common: they rely on large external groups and partner communities to get the word out and work done. Mobilize was created to provide a new generation of scalable messaging technologies that empowers large groups and communities to take action and achieve results. The Mobilize App makes it easy for organizations to effectively communicate with partners and communities to drive actionable results wherever they are.
With sellers located all over the Bay Area, Etsy uses Mobilize to collaborate, take polls, idea share and communicate meaningfully with seller groups on ways to grow their businesses. Since switching to Mobilize, the San Francisco Etsy network has grown its membership from 1,400 to 2,200 local sellers in the last year alone.
"Mobilize has been really amazing in so many different ways. It's given us the opportunity to talk to our community in ways we weren't able to with a Google Group. When we were using Google Groups to collaborate with sellers, we found the features to be very limited. There were too many hoops to jump through to effectively grow our group--which really limited our growth potential. Having a Mobilize App at our fingertips helps our community stay engaged and connected wherever they're trying to make sales happen," said Rebecca Saylor, Co-Captain, SF Etsy.
Mobilize App: Features and Benefits
To take messaging technology to the next level Mobilize created the Mobilize App in close partnership with MetaLab, the leading app design firm behind Slack, and its customers. It includes:
- Member Management and Organization: Stores all member and contact data in one smart network directory with synced and customizable profiles that can be organized into subgroups and cohorts for more targeted communications. The app also includes the ability to publish an external registration form that makes it easy to sign up new members.
- Multi-Channel Communications Center for Effective Communication: Enables organizations to message their entire network or send targeted messages via regular message, SMS, email campaigns and easily see who replied. Custom call to action buttons are also included to enable organizations to move beyond a stream of unrelated posts and organize communication among large groups by topic.
- Frictionless Participation: With no log-in or download required, it's easy for members to join the network and participate. Most are up and running within minutes.
- Events and Polls to Drive Action: Mobilize posts events directly to invitees' calendars and can RSVP from their email, calendar or on Mobilize. Organizations can increase engagement and measure sentiment with quick polls which members can reply to on the fly.
- Group-level Analytics and Network Dashboard to Measure Success: Track member growth, post activity, engagement rates, most engaged groups and most active members. Empowers leaders to conduct targeted smart follow ups and follow up actions.
Maker Faire a family-friendly showcase of invention, creativity and resourcefulness and celebration of the Maker Movement used Mobilize to organize nearly 200 Faires in 2016 alone, engaging more than 1.4 million attendees globally in 38 countries around the world.
"Mobilize allows us to communicate and build community with over 200 Maker Faire event teams in 40 countries around the globe. Before Mobilize, we used Google Groups, and the lack of sub-groups or a member directory created messaging noise and limited community building. Now with Mobilize, we're more efficient and effective, using the platform to share best practices with our Maker Faire partners, segment our groups by different regions and interests and communicate vital updates to hundreds of our licensees," said, Sabrina Merlo, Program Director, Maker Faire.
Now available on iOS, Mobilize is free up to 100 members with tailored non-profit, business and enterprise plans available for larger groups. To learn more about how the Mobilize platform and app work, watch this short video: Mobilize, a Communication Hub for Groups.
Based in San Francisco, Mobilize is the developer of a next generation messaging platform that enables organizations including Microsoft, Salesforce, Telefonica, Prezi, Meetup, The United Nations and the California Democratic Network to empower large groups to take action and achieve results. Backed by Trinity Ventures, Floodgate Ventures, Hillsven Capital, Array Ventures and Upwest Labs, more than 2,500 leaders at 150 organizations use Mobilize to connect, manage and empower +250,000 partners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mobilize-announces-first-scalable-mobile-messaging-solution-to-help-organizations-empower-large-groups-to-take-action-and-achieve-results-300453781.html