CHICAGO, Jan. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Moderne Ventures™, a real estate focused technology investment fund, announced its new Accelerator Class today, a select group of startups looking to affect change in the multi-trillion dollar marketplace that represents over 600,000 small and medium sized businesses and 20 percent of the U.S. GDP.
Moderne Ventures believes that when the right connections are made, success is inevitable. The Accelerator partners with the most influential corporations to launch technology companies into the industry. The Accelerator kicked off at a private event this month at Realogy's headquarters and debuted publicly yesterday at real estate's premier technology conference, Inman Connect.
The Accelerator companies are diverse, disruptive and well-regarded. They range from early stages to established Fortune 1000 customer bases and seed stage to well-capitalized startups backed by top tier venture funds. Combined, the Class has raised over $100M in financings and total valuations exceed $300M. The companies include:
- Better: Making mortgages fast, simple and totally better.
- FieldLens: A simple app that streamlines job-site communication for construction projects.
- Growth Geeks: On-demand marketplace for agency-quality marketing services at non-agency prices.
- imageSurge: Transforming ordinary store windows into touch screen marketing and eCommerce platforms.
- New Story: Building homeownership dreams around the world.
- Purchasing Platform: Saving money and simplifying purchasing for real estate operators.
- TaskEasy: Affordable lawn & yard care at the click of a button for agents, property managers and consumers.
- UrbanBound: Technology streamlining employee relocation and related moving services.
The industry is embracing these change agents into its business. The world's largest real estate company, Realogy, hosted the Accelerator's kickoff event. Realogy's leadership and executives from its franchise and brokerage businesses met with this select group of companies to help them strategize their approach to the real estate market. "The Moderne Accelerator is an important program helping to transform the industry, and we believe our participation will help keep our brands innovative and stay ahead of the market," says Alex Perriello, CEO of the Realogy Franchise Group. "We are excited to be part of implementing change for a new wave of consumers, real estate professionals and entrepreneurs."
The Moderne Accelerator provides technology companies with education, exposure and access to the Moderne Network™. Real estate agents, brokers, asset managers and property managers are invited to pilot products and help shape their services to meet industry needs. Learn more online at www.ModerneVentures.com.
CONTACT: Constance Freedman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-308-3191
SOURCE Moderne Ventures