ATLANTA, June 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Moe's Southwest Grill®, the famous fast-casual restaurant featuring fresh, flavorful Southwestern food, is bringing its bold flavors to the frozen food section of grocery stores nationwide. This first-ever grocery line of breakfast products, Moe's Breakfast Bowls, were developed with consumer products leader, Kellogg Company, to bring bold, authentic Southwest flavors to consumers who want to start their day with a protein-packed meal that is tasty and filling. Moe's Breakfast Bowls each contain a minimum of 12 grams of protein and feature food you can feel good about, including meats raised without hormones and no artificial flavors or colors.
Moe's Breakfast Bowls, inspired by the chain's famous burrito and bowl varieties, provide a new and exciting opportunity for shoppers to enjoy the flavors and ingredients they love from Moe's restaurants at their work or home. Now available nationwide in the frozen food aisle of grocery store giants like Walmart, Giant Eagle and Wegman's, and distributing soon to other retailers like Kroger and HEB by July, the new line includes five must-try varieties:
- Chorizo & Eggs – Spicy and zesty, this bowl provides a winning blend of fluffy eggs, cilantro lime rice, hormone-free pork chorizo, and black beans; pico de gallo and queso sauce topping take it to another level. MSRP $4.49.
- Chorizo Benedict – Mild in spice, intense in flavor, this bowl features fluffy eggs, Yukon gold potatoes, hormone-free pork chorizo, pico de gallo, jalapeno lime hollandaise, and avocado. MSRP $4.49.
- Southwest Vegetarian – Enjoyable by all, this meat-free bowl still boasts 12g of protein and features fluffy eggs, pinto and black beans, cilantro lime rice, salsa verde, roasted tomatillo salsa fresco, queso fresco, and avocado. MSRP $4.49.
- Chicken Chilaquiles – Medium kick with a whopping 17g of protein, this bowl features fluffy eggs with hormone-free pulled chicken atop a bed of tortilla chips and pinto beans, with salsa, queso and cilantro to seal the deal. MSRP $4.49.
- Huevos Rancheros – Featuring a fried egg, corn tortilla and black beans, this bowl provides 14g of protein and mild spice with salsa rojo, pico de gallo, queso fresco on top. MSRP $4.49.
"We are thrilled to increase access to the delicious experience of Moe's through the debut of Moe's Breakfast Bowls at supermarkets nationwide," said Kat Cole, chief operating officer and president, FOCUS Brands, the parent company of Moe's. "The Southwest flavor profile is growing in appeal, but until now, not widely available in the breakfast category. Moe's Breakfast Bowls are meeting the demand for better-for-you, flavorful options for a high protein breakfast or breakfast-as-snack option."
"This is an awesome opportunity to expand our brand and bring options to consumers looking for satisfying morning meals that are also big on flavor and quality," said Bruce Schroder, president, Moe's Southwest Grill.
Moe's has partnered with Kellogg Company, the world's leading cereal company and leading North American frozen foods company, on the development and manufacturing of the new product line.
For more details about Moe's Breakfast Bowls, please visit Moes.com/food/grocery. To stay connected to all things Moe's, follow the brand on Twitter and Snapchat at @Moes_HQ, on Instagram at @moessouthwestgrill, or like it on Facebook at facebook.com/MoesSouthwestGrill.
About Moe's Southwest Grill®
Welcome to Moe's!® Founded in 2000 in Atlanta, GA, Moe's Southwest Grill is a fast-casual restaurant franchise featuring fresh, handmade, customizable southwestern food in a welcoming environment that rocks. Moe's serves only the highest quality ingredients so you can customize your own burrito, taco or bowl entrees in every one of our locations in the U.S and abroad. While Moe's is best known for its burritos packed with a choice of more than 20 fresh, flavorful ingredients, the menu also features kid's, vegetarian and low-calorie options, all served with free chips and salsa. Check out Moe's online at www.moes.com.
About Kellogg Company
At Kellogg Company (NYSE: K), we strive to make foods people love. This includes our beloved brands – Kellogg's®, Keebler®, Special K®, Pringles®, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop-Tarts®, Kellogg's Corn Flakes®, Rice Krispies®, Cheez-It®, Eggo®, Mini-Wheats® and more – that nourish families so they can flourish and thrive. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and more than 1,600 foods, Kellogg is the world's leading cereal company; second largest producer of crackers and savory snacks; and a leading North American frozen foods company. And we're a company with a heart and soul, committing to help create 3 billion Better Days by 2025 through our Breakfasts for Better Days global purpose platform. To learn more, visit www.KelloggCompany.com or www.OpenforBreakfast.com and follow us on Twitter @KelloggCompany, YouTube and on our Social K corporate blog.
Finn Partners for Moe's Southwest Grill
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/moes-southwest-grill-partners-with-cpg-giant-kellogg-company-to-bring-bold-flavors-to-new-breakfast-bowls-in-grocery-frozen-food-section-300477456.html
SOURCE Moe's Southwest Grill