MOG's Award-Winning Streaming Music Service Now Available for Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray Players MOG Features Highest Quality Listening Experience and Millions of Artists, Albums and Songs
BERKELEY, Calif., Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- MOG today announced the availability of its award-winning streaming music service on 2010 and 2011 Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players. Listeners now have further access to MOG's vast catalog of high-quality, on-demand music from the comfort of their living rooms.
Consumers can find MOG's music service in the What's New and Lifestyle sections of Samsung Apps. After downloading the application, listeners will enjoy fast and responsive, unlimited, on-demand access to over 12 million songs, plus MOG's revolutionary Artist Radio, all in high quality audio.
"Our goal is to provide music lovers, nationwide, with superior on-demand access to MOG's vast collection of artists, albums and songs from virtually anywhere -- in their cars, on their phones, on their computers or in their living rooms," said David Hyman, CEO of MOG. "We're thrilled to partner with Samsung, a true leader in the consumer electronics industry, to integrate MOG into their high-quality line of smart TVs and Blu-ray players."
Samsung customers accessing MOG on their 2010 or 2011 Smart TVs or Blu-ray players will enjoy the following features:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time.
- Simple search and browsing designed for the remote control: MOG developed a 10-foot user interface to provide stunning high quality and simple navigation of albums, artists or songs for instant playing.
- High quality audio: MOG streams music at 320kbps, providing the highest quality listening.
- MOG radio: Only MOG offers the patent-pending "MOG Mobius" music discovery engine, which enables users to switch between true "artist only" radio or a full mix of similar artists.
- Charts, editors' picks and new releases: Easily explore all MOG has to offer through its complete guide to everything and anything you want to hear. From weekly top artists, albums and songs, to editors' picks and new releases, you'll find exactly what you're looking for (and more).
MOG currently offers an ad-supported, web-only free version of its music service and two premium subscription tiers:
- $4.99 per month: Access to MOG on Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players, MOG's desktop app for Mac, and online at mog.com.
- $9.99 per month: Access to MOG on Samsung Smart TVs and Blu-ray players, online, MOG's desktop app for Mac, or through the MOG app on iPhone and Android phones, all via a single MOG account.
About MOG Inc.
MOG Inc. is a next-generation music media company founded in June 2005 by David Hyman, former CEO for Gracenote. MOG's all-you-can-eat, on-demand listening service provides access to a vast library of over 12 million songs and over one million albums through its mobile apps on iPhone and Android phones, online, and on streaming entertainment and consumer electronic devices. MOG Inc. is also the provider of The MOG Music Network (MMN), the premier destination for music content online and largest music focused advertising network consisting of over 1500 music sites, reaching over 59 million people each month.
Headquartered in Berkeley, California, MOG Inc. investors include Menlo Ventures, Balderton Capital, Simon Equity Partners, Universal Music Group and Sony Music. Grammy-winning record producer, Rick Rubin, named by Time Magazine as one of the "100 Most Influential People in the world," is a member of MOG's Board of Directors.
SOURCE MOG Inc.