Mojave Networks Unveils Enterprise-Grade Cloud Security Offering to Protect Mobile Devices Globally Distributed Network for Smartphones and Tablets Gives Enterprises Full Visibility Into their Mobile Data, Apps and Threats
SAN MATEO, Calif., Nov. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Mojave Networks (formerly Clutch Mobile) today announced the availability of its cloud-based, enterprise-grade offerings to uniquely protect mobile devices starting at the network level. Using this approach, enterprises have unparalleled visibility into their mobile devices, allowing them to better secure sensitive company data, evaluate mobile applications and block advanced threats.
"Organizations today are struggling with a growing number of apps, cloud services, and personal devices accessing their corporate data and networks," said Garrett Larsson, co-founder and CEO of Mojave Networks. "Early on, we saw a huge market need for an easy to use, enterprise-grade mobile security solution that could take a different approach to solving this problem. By analyzing data traffic at the network layer, we are able to see risks in a whole new way, and in just a short amount of time, we've had dozens of enterprises around the globe deploy our solution."
Mojave Networks also announced today that it has closed a $5 million round of funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners (BVP) with participation from Sequoia Capital to accelerate its go-to-market strategy. Bessemer's investment will be used towards research and development, sales team expansion and industry partnerships. The company has already brought on team members from other security leaders including Symantec, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks and Lookout.
"As mobile threats continue to grow in commonality and sophistication, enterprises must re-evaluate how they combat mobile threats," said David Monahan, Research Director, Enterprise Management Associates. "Looking beyond traditional mobile device management (MDM) and antivirus solutions, by looking more holistically at the device, the applications and their threats is key to gaining full visibility into devices on an organization's network. It's great to see companies like Mojave Networks launch to market with innovative approaches to solving this ever-evolving problem."
Mojave's solutions are completely hosted in the cloud with no on-premise software required, making deployment easy and affordable. With Mojave Networks, organizations can deploy a mobile security solution in under 10 minutes, swiftly implementing the means to gain unrivaled insight into application usage, data flow, network analytics and malicious threats while helping them control costs and comply with regulations.
Key features of Mojave Networks include:
- Web and Network Security: Analyzes data from the device, apps and network to identify web malware, malicious apps, phishing attempts and advanced persistent threats (APTs).
- Data Loss Prevention: Scans content (including SSL) for sensitive information using robust data loss prevention (DLP) tools. Helps organizations abide by regulations and stay in compliance.
- Mobile Application Security and Control: Allows IT administrators to whitelist and blacklist application access from the device and network. Offers full visibility into what applications are running on the network to assess usage patterns, anomalies, and identify potential risks or malicious threats.
- BYOD and Privacy: Provides granular settings to give end users the privacy they require while protecting company data. Privacy settings are fully transparent to the end users.
- Reporting and Analytics: Features more than 30 customizable dashboards. Reports include information on bandwidth consumed, Android malware, phishing attempts, web malware and potential data leakages.
"When we implemented our mobile device program, we knew that we would have to centrally manage our tablets as they handle sensitive customer information that needs to be protected. Mojave Networks was the most affordable and complete solution to help us protect the confidentiality of private customer information through their robust data loss prevention tools and network security," said Lori Mouse, CFO, Bios Corporation.
Mojave Networks currently supports Android and iOS and starts at $4/month/device after a free trial period. For more information and to register for an account, visit www.mojave.net.
About Mojave Networks
Mojave Networks has pioneered a cloud-based approach to mobile security for enterprises that blocks advanced threats and protects company data. This approach gives organizations unrivaled insight into application usage, data flow, network analytics, and malicious threats while helping them control costs and comply with regulations. Founded in San Mateo, CA in 2011, Mojave Networks is used by large and medium enterprises and government agencies. The company is funded by Bessemer Venture Partners and Sequoia Capital, and its team includes former executives from Symantec, McAfee, Palo Alto Networks, and Lookout. For more information, please visit www.mojave.net.
SOURCE Mojave Networks