Molecular Diagnostics in Infectious Disease Testing
DUBLIN, April 2, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Molecular Diagnostics in Infectious Disease Testing" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
This report describes the specific segment of the in vitro diagnostics market known as molecular diagnostics testing for infectious disease. In the current medical diagnostics market, molecular diagnostics in infectious disease testing offers one of the most promising areas for growth and innovation.
The confluence of breakthroughs in genomics and proteomics--along with the development of microarray devices to measure analytes in the blood--has led to this revolutionary market development. Specifically, molecular diagnostics offers the power of advanced analytical techniques to diagnose infectious diseases. Whereas before, the detection of many infectious agents was slow and expensive due to reliance upon culturing methods, researchers are now at the cusp of overcoming such limitations via the use of nucleic acid-mediated molecular diagnostics testing.
The purpose of this report is to describe the emerging field of molecular diagnostics in infectious disease testing. The infectious disease space is the most dominant and profitable sector of molecular diagnostics.
Topics covered in this study include:
1) the existing and emerging technologies in the field
2) the U.S. and global market size for molecular diagnostic products and
3) the profiles of companies that are focusing on the molecular diagnostic sector.
The research examines drivers and restraints for sales growth, market share and technical trends. In addition, an in-depth analysis of the competitive situation of prominent market venders is provided with five-year sales forecasts.
Key Topics Covered:
2. Introduction to Molecular Diagnostics for Infectious Disease Testing
3. Infectious Disease Diagnostics Molecular Testing Market
4. Molecular Diagnostic Testing Technology for Infectious Disease Testing
6. Reimbursement and Billing Landscape for Molecular Diagnostics Testing for Infectious Disease
7. Regulatory Requirements
8. Business Decisions using Molecular Diagnostic Tests in Infectious Disease Testing
9. Economics of Anti-microbial Drug Resistance: The Persistent need for Anti-bacterials
10. Company Profiles
Appendix 1: Draft Guidance for Industry and Food and Drug Administration Staff. Establishing the Performance Characteristics of Nucleic Acid-based In vitro Diagnostic Devices for the Detection and Differentiation of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Staphylococcus aureus (SA)
Tables and Figures.
Companies Mentioned Include:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Arcxis Biotechnologies
- Atlas Genetics
- AutoGenomics, Inc
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- BioGenex Laboratories, Inc
- BioHelix Corporation
And many more....
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6bbbmq/molecular
SOURCE Research and Markets