NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The molecular diagnostics market is one of the most rapidly growing segments of the in vitro diagnostics industry. Molecular diagnostics is a new class of diagnostic tests that identify molecular and genetic markers for an individual patient. These markers determine potential benefit from a specific therapy or risk of developing a specific disease or other health condition. North America, particularly, United States is the key market for molecular diagnostics due to the availability of government funds, rising incidence of chronic diseases, the availability of different types of tests, and high awareness of pharmacogenomics/personalized medicine. Moreover, major companies have easy access to United States which makes the country largest and most significant market for suppliers. Additionally, new molecular diagnostic tests are regularly introduced to the market for screening or diagnosing a wide range of patient types for numerous diseases.
Molecular diagnostics is being driven by several growth factors, which include the need for automated and easy-to-handle techniques, which combine optimized sample preparation, analysis and data evaluation, and the growing availability of molecular diagnostic tests for monitoring the therapeutic efficacy of expensive drugs. Additionally, the requirement of swift diagnoses techniques that would diagnose disease condition, medical disorders quickly and offer a strong and consistent tool for quick therapy decisions represents the other key factor. Introduction of new diagnostics tests, primarily in the infectious disease application area is likely to keep the momentum going for the molecular diagnostics business in the short-term.
- The Global Molecular Diagnostics market is expected to grow with a CAGR of around 9% during the period 2010 – 2021.
- Number of molecular tests performed in the United States is expected to exceed 300 Million by 2020.
- In the Global molecular diagnostics market, infectious disease controls maximum market share in 2015.
- The neurological disorders testing market holds over 6% share of the total molecular diagnostic market in 2015 being followed by cardiovascular diseases.
- The global food testing market was valued over US$ 450 Million in 2014.
- Biochips and FISH and Innovations accounts for largest share of the Global molecular diagnostics technological segment in 2015.
- PCR based tests captures third highest share of the molecular diagnostics technological market in 2015.
- North America accounted for around 40% share of the Global molecular diagnostics market in 2015.
- Europe is the second most popular market for molecular diagnostics capturing XX% share in 2015.
- China and India are large emerging markets for the molecular diagnostics.
- In the global molecular diagnostics market, Roche is at the top of the list with over XX% share in 2015.
- Myriad Genetics accounts for XX% share of the global molecular diagnostics market in 2015.
- Qiagen captured XX% share of the global molecular diagnostics market in 2015, followed by Cepheid with XX% share in the same year.
iGATE RESEARCH report titled "Molecular Diagnostics Market (By Application, Technology, Region and Companies) and Forecast to 2021 - Global Analysis" provides a comprehensive assessment of the fast-evolving, high-growth Global Molecular Diagnostics market.
This 149 Page report with 95 Figures and 8 Tables is analyzed from 5 viewpoints:
1. Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - By Application Segment (2010 – 2021)
2. Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - By Technology Segment (2010 – 2021)
3. Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - Regional Analysis (2010 – 2021)
4. Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - Company Analysis (2010 – 2021)
5. Molecular Diagnostics Market - Driving Factors and Challenges
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - 9 Applications Segment Covered
1. Infectious Disease
- Virology (HIV, HCV, HBV) Testing Market
- Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI) Testing Market
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing Market
- Critical Care Infectious Testing Market
2. Blood Screening
- Bladder Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- All Other Cancers
4. Tissue Typing/HLA
5. Genetic Testing
6. Cardiovascular Diseases
7. Neurological Disorders
8. Food Pathogen Detection
9. Miscellaneous Disorders
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast - 8 Technological Segments Covered
1. PCR-Based Tests
2. PCR-Related Technologies
3. Non-PCR Tests
4. FISH and Innovations
7. Molecular Imaging
8. Other Technologies
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast – 9 Regions Covered
1. North America
9. Rest of the World
Molecular Diagnostics Market and Forecast – 9 Companies Covered
2. Abbott Laboratories
4. Hologic Inc.
6. Myriad Genetics
8. Becton Dickinson
9. Other Companies
Primary Research Methodologies: Questionnaires, Surveys, Interviews with Individuals, Small Groups, Telephonic Interview, etc.
Secondary Research Methodologies: Printable and Non-printable sources, Newspaper, Magazine and Journal Content, Government And NGO Statistics, white Papers, Information on the Web, Information from Agencies Such as Industry Bodies, Companies Annual Report, Government Agencies, Libraries And Local Councils and a large number of Paid Databases.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04156767-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/molecular-diagnostics-market-by-application-technology-region-and-companies-and-forecast-to-2021---global-analysis-300332023.html