Molly Fletcher to Speak at Astellas Presents Executive Women's Day at the AT&T National
On-course Women's Pavilion also at tournament as part of the PGA TOUR's Women's Initiative, sponsored by Astellas
BETHESDA, Md., and NORTHBROOK, Ill., June 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The PGA TOUR and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. ("Astellas"), a U.S. subsidiary of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc. (Tokyo: 4503), today will feature trailblazer sports agent Molly Fletcher at the Astellas Presents Executive Women's Day, a day-long forum focusing on professional, health-related and personal development discussions, at the AT&T National.
"I'm honored to serve as the keynote speaker for the PGA TOUR's Astellas presents Executive Women's Day initiative," said Fletcher. "The energy in the room is contagious and inspiring, and the relationships built last far beyond the day's event.
Today's invite-only Executive Women's Day event also offers a breakfast panel, behind-the-scenes tour and networking opportunities. Featured speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker Molly Fletcher: Fletcher, nicknamed "the female Jerry Maguire" by CNN, is a renowned sports agent, author and owner of MWF Enterprises, LLC. She's worked with top athletes, coaches and personalities during her career as a premier sports agent across multiple professional sports, and serves on multiple boards including Children's Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Panel Speaker Kay Kapoor: Kapoor is President of the government solutions unit at AT&T. She is the former CEO of Accenture Federal Services, and created the Federal Women's Forum while working there.
- Panel Speaker Dr. Cheryl Burgess: Burgess is the founder and President of the Center for Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery in Washington, DC. She is nationally and internationally recognized for being an innovator and authority on advanced technologies in non-invasive aesthetic procedures, and has authored several articles on the subject.
- Panel Speaker Mg. Lee Price: Price is Program Executive Officer for Command, Control, Communications Tactical for the U.S. Army. Her army career spans more than 37 years and she received the Army Acquisition Excellence Project Manager (PM) of the Year Award as PM Defense Communications and Army Transmission Systems in 2004.
- Panel Speaker Hilary Fordwich: Fordwich is the Senior Vice President of AOC Key Solutions and serves as the host of Government Contracting Weekly, a TV program sponsored by AOC Key Solutions and dedicated to the winning of government contracts.
The Astellas Women's Pavilion will also be featured at the AT&T National during the tournament week. The Pavilion, located near the 18th green, is an onsite experience and meeting place for tournament participants to engage and learn about health and well-being. Open to all tournament attendees from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. starting Thursday, June 27, the Astellas Women's Pavilion will continue at five other PGA TOUR events over the remainder of this season and offers a unique, educational experience with championship-style educational games and other interactive health-related activities.
The events are components of the PGA TOUR's Women's Initiative, sponsored by Astellas and designed to provide women with information that promotes their overall well-being. Astellas and the PGA TOUR are working together to inform women about important health and wellness issues, encourage discussion on those topics and create opportunities to talk and learn about them.
"Astellas is thrilled to engage women in a meaningful and productive way through today's event," said Pamela Buford, Director, Consumer Marketing at Astellas. "We are committed to creating opportunities like these across the country that empower women to 'tee up the conversation' about health and wellness and are proud to be working with the PGA TOUR to help women obtain valuable information and contribute to the local community."
For more information, visit www.teeuptheconversation.com.
Astellas Pharma US, Inc., located in Northbrook, Illinois, is a U.S. affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc. Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. The organization is committed to becoming a global category leader in focused areas by combining outstanding R&D and marketing capabilities. For more information about Astellas Pharma US, Inc., please visit our website at www.astellas.us.
The Astellas culture and brand is committed to building community, helping others, encouraging integrity and inspiring people to make a difference, today, tomorrow and every day.
About PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world's premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Web.com Tour, PGA TOUR Latinoamerica and PGA TOUR Canada.
The PGA TOUR's mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in the communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
Worldwide, PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to nearly 945 million households in 225 countries and territories in 32 languages. Virtually all tournaments are organized as non-profit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2012, tournaments across all Tours generated more than $130 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR's all-time total of charitable contributions to more than $1.8 billion.
The PGA TOUR's web site is PGATOUR.com, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
SOURCE Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
More by this Source
Astellas Secures Exclusive Rights to Commercialize Isavuconazole in the U.S. and Canada
Feb 28, 2014, 07:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.