'Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!' International Financial Literacy Contest
MIAMI, April 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This first annual "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!" international financial literacy contest is sponsored by Phat Math, Inc. Participants in the "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!" contest can win cash prizes and tutoring sessions from the experts at Phat Math, Inc. Detailed contest information may be found on WildFireApp.com and http://www.IMackGroup.com.
In the book Mama Says, "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!" by Dr. Iris Mack, a group of hip animated characters are led through fun-filled math classes all about how money and interest work in their everyday lives. Learn a bit about these fun classes in this book video trailer.
To qualify for a prize in the "Money Doesn't Grow on Trees!" contest, please write an essay of 500 words or less. Answer the following questions in your essay.
- Who is your favorite character in Dr. Mack's book? Why?
- How does what Professor 0 teaches his class on money and interest (pages 24 to 40 of the book) relate to your life?
- Why is it important to understand interest and how it makes money grow?
- Can you relate what Professor 0 teaches about interest to the trillions of dollars of U.S. government debt? Feel free to use the information in these debt clocks.
- Grand Prize: $1,500 and fifteen (15) hours of math tutoring for the highest scored financial literacy essay written.**
- 2nd Prize: $400 and ten (10) hours of math tutoring for the second highest scored essay written.**
- 3rd Prize: $100 and five (5) hours of math tutoring for the third highest scored essay written.**
**Please note the math tutoring sessions may be conducted online or in-person.
- Phase 1: Submit Your Entry (April 5 - July 5)
- Phase 2: Judging (July 6 - July 20)
- Phase 3: Judges Announce Winners (July 23)
*International Contest Judges
Mrs. Wilhelmina Conrad - AT&T, Senior Specialist Network Support
Mr. Christopher Hill - Krisken Management Geneva, Managing Director
Ms. Peggy Ireland - Editor's Association of Canada, Author of "Easy Tax Tips for Canadians"
Dr. Iris Mack - IMackGroup.com, Applied Mathematician, Financial Engineer, Author
Traynham E. Mitchell Jr., Esq. - Nasdaq Stock Market Inc., Chief Counsel of Listing Investigations
Dr. Edwin Moses - Olympic Gold Medalist, Investment Banker, Chairman of the Laureus World Sports Academy
Mr. Claude Poux - California Institute of Technology, Laser Interferometer Gravitational Observatory, Business/Operations Manager
Monique Shankle, Esq. - Chevron, Contracts Lawyer
Dr. Margot Tyler - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, U.S. Program Special Initiatives
Dr. Alexander Wagner - University of Zurich, Professor of Banking & Finance
Iris Mack, PhD, EMBA
1 305 789 6758
SOURCE Iris Mack