Mopar® Brand Launches New Website for Chrysler Group Owners
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Nov. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- New Owner's Center website enables Chrysler Group owners to view vehicle information and service history learn how to use vehicle features, develop customized vehicle galleries and receive special offers
- Owners simply enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and they're good to go
- 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show attendees will be first to experience the new website
The Mopar brand will introduce a new Chrysler Group owner website, called Owner's Center, at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
The new site, targeted at Chrysler Group vehicle owners, offers personalized features and services tailored to customer needs. 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show attendees will be among the first to experience the new site, which officially launches on Wednesday, Nov. 16.
"Our new Owner's Center website will support Chrysler Group customers throughout their entire ownership experience with our vehicles," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Information will be easily accessible and constantly updated. It's yet another example of how Mopar adds value to our brands and vehicles."
The new site is available to all Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck and FIAT brand customers who have owned vehicles since the 1987 model year. Customers may simply input their vehicle identification number (VIN) to access a host of features including:
Learn and Use
Customers may access information about standard, optional and dealer-installed features. They may also view informational videos, access their owner's manual, vehicle warranty information and roadside assistance.
Maintain and Care
Customers may easily manage and track their vehicle's service information, view a complete vehicle history and have the ability to track service contracts. All of this information is automatically populated to their personal site when the service is performed at a Chrysler Group dealership.
Owners also will have easy access to their recommended maintenance schedule and track what they need to do in order to keep their vehicle maintained based on the vehicle's current mileage.
In addition, the site provides information about their preferred Chrysler Group dealership including address, phone number, hours of operation, dealership amenities and a link to their website. Owners will be able to update their preferred Chrysler Group dealer as they choose.
Shop for brand merchandise
Customers may shop for Chrysler Group brand merchandise and Mopar accessories in the "shop" section as well as have access to special deals exclusive to their vehicle.
The Owner's Center may be accessed from the Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram Truck and Fiat brand websites by clicking "Owners" at the top of each website or by typing one of the following URLs into any web browser:
- https://owners.fiat.com (beginning in December)
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original-equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at http://www.mopar.com.
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
More by this Source
Chrysler Group Is Perfect Once Again For LGBT Workplace Policies and Benefits
Dec 09, 2013, 10:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.