Mopar MoVenture Road Rally to Take 10 Teams on a Scavenger Hunt Across America
AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- Mopar road rally and scavenger hunt to stretch from Detroit, Mich. to Golden, Colo.
- MoVenture to wrap up at Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals
- Teams earn points by completing challenges and sharing their adventure with friends, followers and subscribers on their social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Registration is open, with voting to begin on June 6
- Get ready for the adventure of a lifetime — MoVenture.
The Mopar® MoVenture road rally and scavenger hunt will pit 10 two-person teams against one another on a seven-day journey across 1,900 miles of diverse roads and terrain en route from Detroit to Golden, Colo. on their way to the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals at Bandimere Speedway. MoVenturers will compete for $5,000 worth of Mopar parts and accessories throughout a variety of challenges as they document their progress via social media outlets.
"The Mopar MoVenture road rally is geared to generate excitement surrounding Mopar's flagship event, the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals in Bandimere, Colo., while also building buzz about our brand throughout many social media platforms," said Tricia Hecker, Head of Marketing for Mopar, Chrysler Group's service, parts and customer-care brand. "The intense passion of our Mopar enthusiasts will be on display both online and on the road as these 10 teams vie for the road rally win."
MoVenture participants will head out from Detroit on July 15, driving brand-new 2011/2012 vehicles provided by Chrysler Group LLC. Participants will experience everything from luxury technology to off-roading to cow-roping, with a little bit of rock-star partying mixed in, before wrapping up the road rally at the Mopar Mile-High NHRA Nationals on July 22.
MoVenturers will have a vested interest in keeping Mopar and Chrysler online enthusiasts worldwide abreast of each leg of their journey — teams will earn extra points in the competition by sharing their experiences with friends and followers via their social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Teams selected for MoVenture will receive airfare, hotel, meals and fuel for their road trip. A total of 10 teams will be selected to participate in MoVenture. Applicants are asked to submit a two-minute video demonstrating their passion for the Mopar and Chrysler Group LLC brands, social networking and why they should be selected for MoVenture. Videos will be judged on creativity, uniqueness of story and Mopar enthusiasm. Registration is currently open, with voting to commence on June 6, 2011.
For complete information on Mopar MoVenture and how to register, visit www.mopar.com/moventure.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Camper trailers: first to introduce off-road camper trailers
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with consumers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with a new interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- WiTECH: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand.
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original-equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge and Ram vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram vehicles — a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at http://www.mopar.com.
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s — the muscle-car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth "package cars" equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of "special parts" for super-stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.
ON THE INTERNET
Visit Chrysler's Media Services Web site at http://www.media.chrysler.com for additional Chrysler and Mopar news. For additional information about Mopar, log on to http://www.mopar.com or http://www.moparspeed.com. Follow Mopar on Facebook – www.facebook.com/mopar.
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC
More by this Source
2013 Chrysler Town & Country Leads Minivan Segment in Initial Quality
Jun 19, 2013, 15:24 ET
Chrysler Group And NHTSA Resolve Recall Request
Jun 18, 2013, 14:15 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.