ADAS: a safer driving experience
TI's TDAx driver assistance SoC family offers scalable and open solutions based on a common hardware and software architecture for ADAS applications, including camera-based front (mono/stereo), rear, surround view and night vision systems, and multi-range radar and sensor fusion systems. TI's TDAx SoCs are differentiated by a heterogeneous architecture which integrates purpose-built hardware accelerators (HWA) such as image signal processors (ISPs), embedded vision engines (EVEs) and digital signal processors (DSPs), that are optimized to perform highly complex imaging and signal processing with low power consumption. The members of the TDA family of ADAS processors are:
- The TDA3 designed for "entry to mid" performance for broad ADAS applications including front camera, surround view including 3-D without GPU, smart rear camera, radar, camera mirror replacement/eMirror, driver monitoring and Lidar.
- TDA2 Eco intended for "mid" performance targeting 3-D surround view with GPU, for both Ethernet and LVDS networks.
- The TDA2 targeted for "mid to premium" performance for broad ADAS & HAV applications including front camera, surround view with GPU and fusion/centralized processing.
The award-winning TDA family has also been awarded various awards from Frost & Sullivan industry firm, the Consumers Electronics Show (CES) and Electronic Products magazine.
Digital Cockpit: a more connected driving experience
The "Jacinto" family of processors provides support for a variety of automotive digital cockpit applications including infotainment, head unit co-processing for infotainment, informational ADAS, integrated digital cockpit, digital instrument cluster, head-up display and more. Designed for automotive safety and robustness, "Jacinto" heterogeneous architecture includes hardware firewalls, allows separation between High Level OS (HLOS) and safety OS as well as implementation of robust multi-domain software architecture capable to be ASIL-B safety certified. The processors bring unprecedented feature-rich, in-vehicle infotainment, instrument cluster and telematics features to the next generation of automobiles.
The scalability of the "Jacinto" family allows developers to target specific performance for their applications and leverage headroom using higher performance variants, if required, without software modifications or hardware changes. The "Jacinto 6" family of processors is built on the same architecture, offering software and hardware compatibility with the broadest array of highly scalable ARM® Cortex®-A15 cores for automotive applications. The members of the "Jacinto 6" family of infotainment processors include:
- The DRA71x, "Jacinto 6 Entry" is an entry-level infotainment processor for display audio, radio/audio and other cost-sensitive in-vehicle automotive cockpit applications.
- The DRA72x, "Jacinto 6 Eco" delivers feature-rich infotainment, digital cluster and telematics features for entry- to mid-level vehicles.
- The DRA74x "Jacinto 6" is intended for mainstream in-vehicle infotainment applications and head-units.
- Both DRA75x processors, "Jacinto 6 EP" and "Jacinto 6 Ex", have extended DSP and vision processing performance to enhance digital cockpit integration.
The "Jacinto" family of processors is powering infotainment systems such as Ford SYNC 3®, Volkswagen MIB-II, SAIC-Alibaba "Internet Car" and BMW.
For more information:
Texas Instruments drives automotive innovation
TI's state-of-the-art semiconductor products allow manufacturers and system suppliers to deliver world-class features to the automotive market. Our extensive automotive portfolio includes analog power management, FPD-Link and signal chain solutions, along with DLP® displays, ADAS and infotainment processors, Hercules™ TMS570 safety microcontrollers and wireless connectivity solutions. TI offers SafeTI™ parts designed to facilitate OEMs' compliance with the requirements of ISO 26262, as well as parts specifically designated as compliant with the AEC-Q100 and TS16949 standards, all with excellent product documentation. Visit TI's Automotive page or TI's E2E™ Behind the Wheel Blog to learn more about our commitment to automotive innovation.
About Texas Instruments
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world's brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping more than 100,000 customers transform the future, today. Learn more at www.ti.com.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/more-than-150-million-automotive-processors-from-texas-instruments-drive-innovation-in-the-automotive-market-enabling-a-safer-and-more-connected-driving-experience-300382846.html
SOURCE Texas Instruments