NEW YORK, March 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The wellness trend extends beyond a person's daily routine at home, and the boutique hotel originator, Morgans Hotel Group, has taken note with the launch of exciting new programs across their portfolio. Taking creativity to a new level, Morgans Hotel Group introduces a mindful coloring book for adults featuring each of its hotels' iconic design elements, and has curated partnerships with wellness leaders in its local markets (Miami, New York, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, London and Istanbul). Morgans Hotel Group is also announcing a partnership with Mindfulness Everywhere and their innovative buddhify app, featuring travel meditations created exclusively for Morgans' guests.
Spring is here; and at Morgans, it's a time for renewal. True to the company's legacy of innovation and forward-thinking creativity, Morgans Hotel Group's wellness programs aim to reduce guests' daily stress and renew the spirit through physical experiences and mindful exercises. Coloring has made a comeback, and Morgans Hotel Group is staying on top of the trend by partnering with Illustrator Peter Arkle to create a limited-edition mindful coloring book for adults—a nod to the anti-stress movement that's making big waves. The book features iconic elements from Morgans' properties, like the stained glass wall at Sanderson and the pool at Delano South Beach. The book will launch across the brand in April (while supplies last)
Morgans Hotel Group has also partnered with Mindfulness Everywhere to offer guests who book rooms in special suite categories and above a complimentary download of its extremely popular buddhify app (while supplies last). The app provides access to all of buddhify's meditations (over 80) for various moods, and provides guidance while monitoring users' progress. Additionally, all Morgans Hotel Group guests at participating hotels will receive in-room Mindfulness Cards with meditations and relaxation tips for travelers, created exclusively for Morgans Hotel Group by buddhify Founder Rohan Gunatillake - as well as a link to access complimentary mp3 meditation guides. The buddhify tracks and app download will be available at all Morgans Hotel Group properties, with the exception of Delano Las Vegas.
"Today's travelers are looking beyond fitness to include all aspects of one's well-being," commented Morgans Hotel Group Chief Operating Officer Chadi Farhat. "Morgans' new wellness programming gives us an opportunity to tell a new story and attract a new generation of guests."
In addition to brand-wide initiatives, a series of property-specific guest experiences are being launched to provide a local approach to fit-friendly lifestyles.
(HUDSON, MORGANS, ROYALTON)
- Namaste New York: Morgans Hotel Group New York City properties (Hudson, Morgans, and Royalton) are partnering with wellness concierge group Namaste New York to deliver on–site customized services for Morgans' guests. Starting in April, Namaste will offer massage therapy, yoga, personal training, Pilates and meditation sessions; developed to target hotel guests (e.g., to be performed with a minimal amount of equipment in a minimal amount of space). Signature services will seamlessly extend the Morgans brand to provide guests with a memorable experience and enhanced well-being. For example, "Wake Up Call" – meditation and mellow yoga and "Sweat It Out" – high intensity training and deep stretching.
- Exclusive to Hudson New York, Namaste New York is developing a complimentary 9:30 AM Sunday Meditation session in Private Park, starting April 24 through the summer (weather permitting).
(DELANO, MONDRIAN SOUTH BEACH)
DELANO SOUTH BEACH
- Sand, Body & Mind Kit: this complimentary amenity kit is packed with everything any health-seeking traveler could need – including complimentary Beach Cross Bootcamp™, Beach Body Blast™ and Yoga Flow™ classes on the beach from V Art of Wellness, cold-pressed juices and acai bowls, and pool-side spa treatments, including a DETOXIFYING OASIS MASSAGE and a REJUVENATING OXYGEN FACIAL.
MONDRIAN SOUTH BEACH
- Run Club: In collaboration with Alton Sports, Mondrian South Beach's 5K "Mondrian Run Club" kicks off each Wednesday at 6pm. The run begins at Alton's Sports on Alton Road and concludes at Mondrian South Beach.
- Agua Spa: Through April, agua spa at Mondrian is offering specialized green tea treatments (e.g., "Green Tea Body Scrub" and "Green Tea Mask" to enhance the function of mind, body and soul.
(MONDRIAN LOS ANGELES)
- Detox & Retox: Through May 26, 2016, Mondrian Los Angeles is offering registered guests a package to detox with healthy food options like fresh juices, crudité & hummus platters, then "retox" with preferred seating for two and two cocktails at Skybar from 11 AM - 3 PM. This offer includes complimentary Mondrian headphones and an in-store 15% discount on Lifehouse tonics & elixirs.
- Yoga: Clift San Francisco is offering a discount for registered guests at a local YogaWorks studio with a complimentary mat rental.
- Sound Healing: Weekly through April, complimentary Sound Healing classes with Jessica Neideffer and Cheryl Bowers will take place on Wednesdays at 6 PM in the Spanish Suite.
- Juice: During April there will be Project Juice gift cards located at the concierge desk for guests that are good for 15% off their products at their San Francisco locations.
- Bathhouse Spa: Delano Las Vegas is offering special treatments at Bathhouse Spa, including a DETOXIFYING OASIS MASSAGE and a REJUVENATING OXYGEN FACIAL.
- Della's Kitchen: reflecting an essence of "historic farmhouse meets urban kitchen" offers a menu of heathy "Smart Plates" options and hand-pressed juices for guests, such as:
- Smart Plates: Breakfast Burrito, House Made Granola, Shelton Farm's Chicken Breast, and Grilled Mixed Vegetables - each is 700 calories or less
- 3940 Coffee + Tea: Enjoy a quick bite or refreshing beverage from freshly squeezed juices including:
Juices: GREEN PASTURES - Kale, Pineapple, Cucumber, Celery, Ginger, Lemon; MOJAVE SUNRISE - Carrot, Ginger, Apple, Lemon, and Citrus; BEST OF THE SEASON – featuring this Spring's freshest ingredients.
(MONDRIAN, SANDERSON, ST MARTINS LANE)
- Sunrise Yoga: Mondrian London will be hosting sunrise yoga every Monday from 7:30-8:30 AM in Rumpus Room (£15 for residents and £20 for day guests).
- Running Club: Organized by the Mondrian London concierge every Monday. The run takes three routes throughout the city (1.7 miles, 3.8 miles and 4.7 miles).
- Personal Trainer Robbie Leung: Guests can book Individual sessions from £90 per person or two-on-one sessions from £60 per person with Robbie Leung, a former international hockey player and fashion model who takes an individualized approach to achieving your personal fitness goals.
- Nourish: Sanderson has developed a Nourish Menu in partnership with Nutrition Expert Karen Cummings-Palmer, who uses locally sourced, seasonal and organic produce - avoiding refined carbohydrates and sugars. Nourish is available at The Restaurant at Sanderson, agua Spa and via room service. Nourish is also available as a room package including overnight accommodations, breakfast, a Hot Stone Massage Treatment (80 mins) followed by a NUXE Booster Facial Treatment (30 mins), and lunch or dinner from the Nourish Menu.
- Personal Trainer: Jamie Baird, one of London's most established and respected trainers, oversees the fitness team at Sanderson and offers personal training for guests. Services available include boxing, kickboxing, weight management and more.
- Complimentary bikes: Available to registered guests on a first come, first served basis.
ST MARTINS LANE
- Gymbox: Europe's largest hotel gym features a variety of specialized fitness classes and personal training, and guests have complimentary daily access.
- Complimentary bikes: Available to registered guests on a first come, first served basis.
- Yoga: 10 KARAKÖY offers Monday-morning complimentary Yoga classes at 10AM on the ON10 Terrace Bar. Classes include complimentary mats, towels, and water.
- Walking Tour: The new Walk & Explore package includes a 3-hour guided walk to the Beyoglu district along with visits to the Galata Mevlevi Museum and Galata tower.
About Morgans Hotel Group
Morgans Hotel Group Co. (NASDAQ: MHGC) is widely credited as the creator of the first "boutique" hotel and a continuing leader of the hotel industry's boutique sector. Morgans Hotel Group operates Delano in South Beach, Mondrian in Los Angeles, South Beach and London, Hudson in New York, Morgans and Royalton in New York, Clift in San Francisco, Shore Club in South Beach and Sanderson and St Martins Lane in London. Morgans Hotel Group has ownership interests in some of these hotels. Morgans Hotel Group also licenses its brands through Delano in Las Vegas and 10 Karaköy in Istanbul, Turkey. Morgans Hotel Group has other hotels in various stages of development to be operated under management or franchise agreements, including a Mondrian property in Doha, Qatar and a Delano in Dubai. For more information please visit http://www.morganshotelgroup.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/morgans-hotel-groups-brand-wide-spring-renewal-wellness-programming--partnerships-launch-across-delano-mondrian-hudson-clift-morgans-royalton-sanderson-st-martins-lane-and-10-karakoy-300244151.html
SOURCE Morgans Hotel Group