CHICAGO, Sept. 18, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morningstar, Inc., (NASDAQ: MORN), a leading provider of independent investment research, today launched Morningstar® for iPad®, the company's most comprehensive app for investors on the go. Now available for free on the App Store, Morningstar for iPad provides a mobile experience for U.S. investors looking to monitor the markets, track their portfolios, and research investments using Morningstar data and analysis.
The application has three key features:
- Markets: Keep tabs on market activity, earnings and economic data, and the latest news to help identify investment opportunities.
- Portfolio: Manage portfolios and watchlists with a full suite of diagnostic and monitoring tools.
- Manually enter portfolios and watchlists or seamlessly access those stored on Morningstar.com, the company's investing website.
- The Snapshot panel enables investors to build a custom dashboard for portfolios and holdings with more than 200 data field options.
- The X-Ray panel is an updated, mobile version of Morningstar's popular Portfolio X-Ray™ tool that helps investors track holdings exposure by style, region, or sector. Investors can diagnose a portfolio's health or risk profile and identify where allocations might be over- or under-weight with the Interpreter tool.
- The News & Research panel compiles the latest news and analysis for all holdings, including video segments with Morningstar stock, fund, and ETF analysts.
- Securities: Quickly access Morningstar Analyst Ratings and research reports as well as detailed quotes on more than 40,000 stocks, funds, and ETFs.
"Morningstar for iPad helps investors stay in touch with their investments while they are on the go," Mike Barad, program director, mobile solutions for Morningstar, said. "It has the broadest capabilities of any app we've developed. It's designed to pack the powerful data and analysis of Morningstar into a simple-to-use, intuitive, and convenient tool to help investors make smarter decisions."
The app's clean, user-friendly design helps users focus on the most relevant investment information. They can also take a deeper dive into Morningstar data and analytics by tapping on individual data points or charts. In addition, investors can share news, articles, and portfolio ideas via the app's social media connectivity.
All tools and market data on Morningstar for iPad are available without charge. Morningstar analyst-driven research and data is available via an In-App Purchase that also provides access to premium content on Morningstar.com. Current Morningstar.com Premium members can access premium content in the app for no additional charge.
The Morningstar for iPad App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.AppStore.com/Morningstarforipad.
About Morningstar, Inc. Morningstar, Inc. is a leading provider of independent investment research in North America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. The company offers an extensive line of products and services for individuals, financial advisors, and institutions. Morningstar provides data on approximately 433,000 investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on nearly 10 million equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar also offers investment management services through its registered investment advisor subsidiaries and has approximately $166 billion in assets under advisement and management as of June 30, 2013. The company has operations in 27 countries.
©2013 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Shawn Malayter 312-696-6050, email@example.com
SOURCE Morningstar, Inc.