HONG KONG, Sept. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Morrison & Foerster's Hong Kong capital markets team has today successfully completed the HK$650 million initial public offering (IPO) by Jacobson Pharma Corporation Limited on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Jacobson Pharma is the largest generic drug company in Hong Kong and owns a portfolio of leading proprietary Chinese medicines, such as the highly recognized and widely carried Po Chai Pills (Puji Pills).
Morrison & Foerster represented the sole sponsor, BOCI Asia Limited, a subsidiary of BOC International Holdings Limited providing investment banking services. Ven Tan, managing partner of Morrison & Foerster's Hong Kong office and head of the Hong Kong capital markets team, led the deal team, which also included Samuel Ng, Benjamin Wang, Grace Yeung, and Euzane Lee.
"We are proud to have played a key role in Jacobson Pharma's IPO, which will enable the company to expand beyond Hong Kong and become a leading brand throughout the Asia Pacific region," Mr. Tan said. "This is just the latest example of MoFo's strength in pharmaceutical sector–related capital markets transactions, which are a key component of our extensive practice offering that also includes a strong expertise in technology deals."
Morrison & Foerster's Hong Kong capital markets team has deep experience acting in the pharmaceutical industry, with deals that include:
- Representing China International Capital Corporation, UBS AG, Morgan Stanley Asia Limited, Citigroup Global Markets Asia Limited, and Deutsche Bank AG as underwriters in the US$1.1 billion IPO of Sinopharm Group, the largest distributor of pharmaceutical and health care products in China, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd., in its US$512 million IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Fosun Pharma is one of the top five domestic pharmaceutical and healthcare companies in China, in terms of revenue, with business operations across multiple segments in the healthcare industry value chain.
- Represented JP Morgan and Haitong Securities as underwriters in the US$85 million IPO of Genescript Biotech, a life sciences research and application service and product provider and the top ranked global gene synthesis service provider in terms of revenue, on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Representing BOCOM International (Asia) Limited and DBS Asia Capital Limited as underwriters, in relation to Purapharm Corporation Limited's IPO on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Purapharm is a leading Hong Kong-based Chinese medicine company engaged in the production and sale of concentrated Chinese medicine granule (CCMG) products and general Chinese healthcare products.
Morrison & Foerster is one of the leading capital markets firms in Hong Kong, as well as Greater China. The most respected ranking publications, such as Chambers Global, Chambers Asia, IFLR, and Asia-Pacific Legal 500, have consistently ranked the firm highly for its premier capital markets offerings.
We are Morrison & Foerster — a global firm of exceptional credentials. Our clients include some of the largest financial institutions, investment banks, Fortune 100, and technology and life sciences companies. The Financial Times has named the firm to its lists of most innovative law firms in North America and Asia every year that it has published its Innovative Lawyers Reports in those regions. In the past few years, Chambers USA has honored MoFo's Bankruptcy and IP teams with Firm of the Year awards, the Corporate/M&A team with a client service award, and the firm as a whole as Global USA Firm of the Year. Our lawyers are committed to achieving innovative and business-minded results for our clients, while preserving the differences that make us stronger.
Amy Merriweather, Public Relations Manager
(415) 268-6063, email@example.com
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/morrison--foerster-completes-ipo-by-hong-kongs-largest-generic-drug-firm-300331544.html
SOURCE Morrison & Foerster