Mortenson Construction Research Identifies Healthcare Industry and Facility Design Trends
The 2012 Mortenson Construction Healthcare Industry Study includes insights and perspectives regarding government program concerns, the importance of lean operations, flexible facility design, project delivery trends, improving patient experience, and evidence-based design.
Key insights include:
- Improving patient experience was rated as the highest operational priority
- Healthcare respondents overwhelmingly believe that better facilities will strengthen their institutions
- Sixty percent of all healthcare provider respondents said their institutions have taken specific actions to improve their performance in U.S. News & World Report rankings
- Nearly all respondents believe there is an urgent need to fix Medicare
- Split in their opinions regarding the impact of healthcare legislation, respondents also were split in their support for the legislation
"We are excited to provide our findings to customers and business partners in the hope that they bring a deeper level of understanding regarding current healthcare industry and design trends, and help in their thinking regarding the role facilities play in promoting quality care for patients," said Steve Pekala, manager of market intelligence at Mortenson.
Mortenson regularly conducts industry studies and market research in order to be in lockstep with its customers and partners, resulting in a construction experience that's second-to-none. Other recent Mortenson studies include the solar energy, higher education, and mission critical industries.
Visit mortenson.com to download the 2012 Mortenson Construction Healthcare Industry Study.
About Mortenson Construction
Founded in 1954, Mortenson Construction is a U.S.-based, privately-held construction company. As one of the nation's top builders, Mortenson provides a complete range of services, including planning, program management, preconstruction, general contracting, construction management, design-build, and turn-key development.
Mortenson has offices in Chicago, Denver, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Phoenix, and Seattle with international operations in Canada and China. For more information, visit mortenson.com.
Cameron Snyder | Mortenson Construction | 763.287.5493 | email@example.com
SOURCE Mortenson Construction