DALLAS, June 18, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Motel 6, known for offering a clean, comfortable room and great service for the lowest price of any national chain, reported today a significant increase in its conversion rates on both mobile and desktop devices since launching its fully responsive digital platform in Q4 of 2014. Year-over-year, the company saw conversion rates increase 19 percent for desktop and 21 percent for mobile bookings.
Launched in October 2014, the new motel6.com seamlessly adapts to any screen size, offering a more personalized user experience, and enables a more efficient booking process on any device. The site redesign was the product of a year-long digital overhaul led by G6 Hospitality and Code and Theory, focused on creating a smarter, more personalized user experience, founded on a "mobile first" strategy.
"Mobile has evolved from being part of our marketing strategy at G6 Hospitality, to being the core of our entire strategy," said Lance Miceli, executive vice president, chief marketing officer, G6 Hospitality. "By embracing these dynamics, we're well positioned to continue gaining share in the economy segment. Given the broad distribution of our locations and the immediacy of our demand curve, mobile is a key component of how we will shape our future. We're pleased with the initial results and are committed to continually evolve the user experience through a defined optimization strategy and release schedule."
Some of the motel6.com site improvements include:
- A more personalized site experience – The new site delivers personalized, contextual experience to each user based on device preference, recent search and booking history, geo-location, and expanded content.
- Even fewer clicks required to book – Each stage of the booking process is simpler, smarter, and more efficient. For example: a checkout page with 1-click purchase options via Google Wallet, and a location-enabled map to help users quickly find an available room nearby.
- A consistent site experience across smartphones, tablets and desktop – The constancy in user experience across every device makes booking faster, reliable, and intuitive.
- New high-resolution photography for over 500 properties, with more being shot every week – Clearer, bolder imagery in large aspect image galleries allows travelers to better view Motel 6's newly renovated rooms and properties.
- Full management and integration of the MyMotel6 program – The integration enables frequent customers to quickly login and book their favorite properties with ease.
"Every design and UX decision laddered back to our goal of streamlining the purchase path for any kind of user, from frequent bookers to new customers," said Mike Treff, Managing Partner at Code and Theory. "Regardless of how you arrive at motel6.com, we make sure you are greeted with a much more personalized, targeted experience to help you browse, select, and book a room more efficiently."
In addition to Code and Theory, the new Motel 6 website is the result of a cross-collaborative effort with several industry-leading technology companies, including:
- Adobe (web development and enterprise content management)
- Google (Maps, Reviews, Google Wallet payment)
- Wcities (localized content)
- Translations.com (Spanish translation)
- Real Tour Vision (property photography)
To read more about the project, visit: codeandtheory.com/things-we-make/the-new-motel6com
About G6 Hospitality LLC
G6 Hospitality LLC owns, operates and franchises over 1,200 economy lodging locations under the iconic Motel 6 and the extended stay Studio 6 brands in the U.S and Canada, and Hotel 6 and Estudio 6 brands in Latin America. Headquartered in Dallas (Carrollton), Texas, G6 Hospitality employs nearly 10,000 team members across the U.S. and Canada. For more information please visit G6Hospitality LLC.
About Motel 6
Motel 6 offers the lowest price of any national chain at more than 1,200 company-owned and franchised locations throughout the United States and Canada. For 29 years, Motel 6 has used the tagline, "We'll leave the light on for you®," earning the chain the highest brand recognition in the economy lodging segment. Motel 6 offers standard amenities including Wi-Fi Internet access, free local calls, no long distance access charges, free morning coffee and expanded cable channel line-up. Most locations offer swimming pools and guest laundry facilities. Motel 6 is managed and operated by G6Hospitality LLC. For more information, visit www.motel6.com.
About Code and Theory
Code and Theory is an independently-owned and creatively-led agency that creates products, content and campaigns across physical and digital worlds. Through Brand, Product, and Industrial Design, the agency helps clients innovate in a digital-first world. They are known for helping to redefine media with clients like Bloomberg, Los Angeles Times, Vogue and Mashable, and enabling brands like Maybelline New York and BURGER KING® better connect with new and existing consumers. For more information, follow Code and Theory on Twitter and Facebook, or visit codeandtheory.com.
SOURCE Motel 6