Motorola Mobility Advances the Future of TV in the Cloud, Network and Home @ SCTE 2012
Motorola's end-to-end platform powers the multi-screen ecosystem and the IP transformation to deliver the smart, simple connected home—SCTE Booth #2812
ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- At this year's SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, Motorola Mobility is demonstrating how its innovations—in the cloud, network and home—are driving the evolution of TV. These technologies are part of Motorola's end-to-end platform for the smart, simple connected home that streamlines how content is delivered, managed, secured and experienced across the entire range of consumer devices.
"Motorola is evolving the TV experience by innovating and integrating our technology from end to end," said Marwan Fawaz, executive vice president, Motorola Mobility. "At SCTE, we're showcasing solutions that address the key hurdles to widespread multi-screen adoption. We're delivering these solutions to service providers, which stand in the best position to make the multi-screen, connected lifestyle a reality…today."
MOTOROLA'S SMART, SIMPLE PLATFORM – INNOVATING ACROSS THE CLOUD, NETWORK AND HOME
Network Solutions – Video Delivery, Network and Access Solutions
Ever-evolving high-bandwidth activities – such as streaming HD, DVR and on-demand video on multiple devices – are creating a host of bandwidth management challenges. At this year's SCTE, Motorola is demonstrating how it is meeting these challenges head-on. With an innovative portfolio of ABR transcoding, bandwidth optimization and service technologies that help service providers deliver the highest-quality video to consumers, quickly and cost-effectively.
- GT-3 – NEW! ANNOUNCED @ SCTE. Motorola is introducing the world's first multi-gigapixel (3Gp) transcoder – with unprecedented video quality and energy efficiency. Higher processing performance and greater density (10x the density of legacy server-based ABR solutions and dramatic improvements over ABR hardware solutions) deliver impressive cost savings in real estate, power and dramatically reduced footprint.
- SCDMA– NEW! ANNOUNCED @ SCTE. Motorola is the first to successfully deploy DOCSIS Synchronous Code Division Multiple Access (SCDMA) technology. This broadband infrastructure advancement enables operators to bring consumers top-speed Internet access by broadening the available spectrum in upstream network.
- HEVC – Motorola is demonstrating how the new High Efficiency Encoding (HEVC) maintains stunning video quality while reducing bandwidth by an equally stunning 50 percent. Motorola also is demonstrating the potential of the new 4K ultra-high-definition HEVC encoding format.
- nDVR – Motorola nDVR technology offers true entertainment everywhere—by migrating DVR functionality into the network cloud to deliver content to consumers anytime, anyplace, and on any screen, for a real DVR experience in a multi-screen world.
- APEX3000 – Motorola has successfully completed a number of deployments and field trials of its high-density, CCAP-compatible Universal Edge QAM (UEQAM). The APEX3000 is a leader in CCAP advancement that's bridging the gap for the migration to IP video.
- MOTr hub – Motorola's 85MHz Digital Return solution continues to gain momentum in system deployments as operators leverage the future proof capacity of an 85MHz upstream and the operational benefits of pluggable SFP optics. In addition to the capacity gains, this flexible solution is being leveraged across Motorola's optical node portfolio, providing a new level of increased density with four digital returns from a single receiver. Motorola also announces the first commercial shipments of versatile MOTr hub and multi-wavelength solutions, which provides operators a flexible platform for hub consolidations and fiber deep architectures.
- 85MHz Digital Return – Motorola's 85MHz Digital Return solution continues to gain momentum in system deployments worldwide. The solution provides the highest performance and most flexible 85HMz capable digital return available. The next-generation 85MHZ digital return system readies the operators network for increasing upstream capacity thus solving future return path contention issues while making is easier to migrate to higher modulation schemes with a single solution.
- T-Metro 8000 – Motorola is announcing the T-Metro 8000 High Density & MPLS Service Aggregation Platform in partnership with Telco Systems. The T-Metro 8000 addresses customer cloud connectivity challenges through an highly resilient, high-density cloud gateway and aggregator platform. Its modular design empowers exceptional end-user experiences optimizes carrier resources and enables carriers to offer more competitive cloud-based services, business Ethernet and mobile-backhaul to the edge.
Cloud-Based, Software Solutions
Motorola's cloud and software solutions power and secure rich multi-screen experiences. At SCTE 2012, Motorola is showing how its suite of software, service and integration services solve the complexity of authenticating and securing programming content across delivery methods and devices.
- EDGE Manager – Motorola's EDGE software sets a higher bar for device management. Optimized for today's complex multi-screen deployments, EDGE is: 10x more efficient than traditional device management solutions, device-agnostic, and fully integrated with TR-069. At SCTE 2012, Time Warner Cable announced it has selected Motorola's EDGE Manager for its US subscribers— marking the first nationwide tier-one rollout of next-generation device management for the IP connected home.
- Medios Multi-screen Software Suite – Motorola's Medios Multi-screen Software Suite comprises award-winning software solutions that give operators specialized tools for delivering and securing multi-screen content. Medios enables service providers to develop multi-screen offerings faster, differentiate and brand the experience, and monetize an infinite array of content—ultimately staying on top of the increasing complexity in the home.
- Medios SecureMedia® Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+ – The gold standard for multi-screen content security. Medios SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+, approved by Hollywood studios and top broadcasters, provides a streamlined process for ingesting, transcoding and securely delivering premium entertainment to multi-devices. That's why it has been selected by service providers like Verizon, Time Warner Cable and Massillon Cable.
- Medios DreamGallery – Next-generation navigation that makes TV as personalized, dynamic and rich as the Internet. On-the-fly updates, scalability, and dynamic customization—thanks to HTML5 and cloud-based technology.
- Medios Merchandiser – Enabling personalized, infinite catalog marketing—including video, music, games and applications—across multiple screens, with an intelligent recommendation engine based on user preferences and prior transaction history, all to benefit operators' ARPU.
- Medios Videoflow CMS – Helping service providers manage and grow their on-demand catalog to include music, games, Web content and enhanced TV applications—across multiple screens—through automated workflows and secure DRM.
- Televation™ – Motorola's award-winning Televation is the only solution that lets consumers watch their full cable subscription on their tablets, anywhere in the home. Approved by CableLabs and DTLA and currently powering Comcast AnyPlay service in more than 30 markets.
- Services and Systems Integrations – Motorola's team of experts work with customers to speed time to market and reduce complexity.
Home Solutions – Next-Generation Home Devices
As the foundation for the connected home ecosystem, Motorola's Next-Generation Home Devices enable operators to deliver an expanding set of advanced applications, including multi-screen and unified user experiences.
- SBG6782 – NEW! ANNOUNCED @ SCTE. Motorola's new SBG6782 Advanced Wi-Fi Gateway delivers unmatched Wi-Fi coverage and protection for unparalleled whole-home reach. It can deliver digital multimedia content throughout the home – either via coaxial or the wireless network. The gateway boasts MoCA capabilities, 3X3 MIMO antenna, maximum FCC legal output power capability and dual-band concurrent radios. With its multiple antenna configuration, radio and output power options, this flexible platform creates a strategic hub in the center of the evolving connected home ecosystem.
- Video Gateways – Smarter TVs and more connected gaming consoles have made the case for a dedicated media hub that can stream content to clients like these, as well as smartphones and tablets. Motorola's Video Gateway is this new hub. It's the evolution of the set-top model where you needed a box for every screen. With Motorola's DCX3600, consumers can view, record, or play video on any networked device (TV, tablet, smartphone, gaming console), in any room, seamlessly. Cable operators appreciate how the video gateway's powerful combination of hardware and software maximizes their infrastructure investment to deliver the rich user experiences and anytime, anyplace on any device content experience their consumers crave, At SCTE 2012, Motorola is also previewing its next-generation video gateways to select customers.
MORE ON MOTOROLA @ SCTE 2012
A panel of MSO engineering experts gave five of Motorola's latest products top scores. On Tuesday, October, 16, they were recognized at an industry reception for their BTR Diamond Elite Review Ratings 4.0 or higher:
- Medios SecureMedia Encryptonite ONE HLS+ – 4.5
- Medios DreamGallery – 4.0
- SBG6782 Advanced Wi-Fi Gateway – 4.0
- APEX3000 High Density Universal Edge QAM – 4.0
Dean Stoneback, Senior Manager, Systems Engineering for Network Infrastructure, Motorola Mobility is being awarded the SCTE Excellence in Standards Award during the SCTE Opening General Session.
For more on Motorola @ SCTE Cable-Tec Expo, please visit our virtual press center or stop by the Motorola Booth #2812.
About Motorola Mobility
Motorola Mobility, owned by Google, fuses innovative technology with human insights to create experiences that simplify, connect and enrich people's lives. Our portfolio includes converged mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets; wireless accessories; end-to-end video and data delivery; and management solutions, including set-tops and data-access devices. For more information, visit motorola.com/mobility.
Media Contact (for media and analysts only):
MOTOROLA and the Stylized M Logo are registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC. All other product and service names are the property of their respective owners. © 2012 Motorola Mobility, LLC. All rights reserved.
SOURCE Motorola Mobility
More by this Source
Introducing Moto G: An Exceptional Phone At An Exceptional Price
Nov 13, 2013, 09:34 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.