NORRISTOWN, Pa., May 2, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- MRO, a leader in the secure, compliant and efficient exchange of Protected Health Information (PHI), announced today the celebration of its 15th anniversary. Founded in May 2002, the company has grown to be the second largest vendor in the PHI disclosure management space, with its KLAS-rated No. 1 Release of Information (ROI) services deployed across 6,000 locations nationwide.
"We formed MRO on the premise that a better platform for Release of Information could be built," said Stephen Hynes, MRO CEO and co-founder. "Fifteen years later, the company continues to evolve to meet the demands of our changing industry. We aim to hire, train and retain the most qualified staff, foster a client-focused culture, and continue to develop superior technology solutions to provide high levels of quality and service."
To celebrate its anniversary, MRO reflects on 15 company milestones.
- The company is founded as Medical Records Online, later changing to the acronym MRO – 2002
- Pennsylvania-based orthopedic care group Rothman Institute becomes MRO's first ROI client – 2002
- Delaware's St. Francis Medical Center becomes MRO's first hospital client – 2003
- Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital in southeast Pennsylvania becomes the first client to use MRO's staffed service model for ROI – 2004
- Lehigh Valley Health Network becomes MRO's first client to leverage a remote model for ROI services – 2005
- MRO establishes a proprietary interface with the U.S. Social Security Administration for automating Disability Determination Services request processes – 2008
- MRO becomes one of the first certified Health Information Handlers (HIHs) and participates in the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) electronic submission of medical documentation (esMD) gateway pilot program – 2011
- MRO becomes the first ROI company to be rated by KLAS, and goes on to win the KLAS Category Leader designation in that category for four consecutive years – 2012 through 2017
- The company announces the launch of IdentiScan®, a record integrity application that leverages optical character recognition technology to review documentation to locate and correct comingled records – 2013
- Imperial Capital Group, Ltd. becomes majority owner of MRO – 2014
- MRO relocates its headquarters and National Service Center to a larger facility in historic Valley Forge, Pennsylvania – 2015
- Inc. magazine names MRO one of the fastest growing private companies in the nation, two years in a row – 2015 and 2016
- MROeLink®, a suite of HIT integrations for automating ROI, is launched and offers Epic electronic health record (EHR) users integration capabilities to improve ROI efficiency and quality – 2016
- The Patient Advocate program is launched from MRO's National Service Center to offer additional support to patient requesters; the program wins a Stevie® Award for innovation in customer service – 2016 and 2017
- Philly.com names MRO No. 34 midsize company on a list of Top Workplaces in Philadelphia – 2017
MRO empowers healthcare organizations with proven, enterprise-wide solutions for the secure, compliant and efficient exchange of Protected Health Information (PHI). These solutions include a suite of PHI disclosure management services comprised of Release of Information, government and commercial payer audit management and accounting of disclosures. MRO's technology-driven services reduce the risk of improper disclosure of PHI, ensure unmatched accuracy and enhance turnaround times. MRO additionally supports its clients' current and future initiatives, including interoperability, meaningful use and health information exchange. To learn more, visit www.mrocorp.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mro-celebrates-15-years-of-milestones-in-health-information-management-300449404.html