MuckerLab Presents Second Demo Day on January 16th - 10 Startups to Pitch their Products and Services to Prospective Investors Startup Accelerator MuckerLab Provides Firms with Funding, Office Space, and Critical Access to Both Mentors and Potential Investors
LOS ANGELES, Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- MuckerLab, a startup accelerator focused on seed-stage Internet software, services and media ventures in the Los Angeles market, today announced it will hold its annual Demo Day event on January 16th, 2013.
Demo Day is the culmination of MuckerLab's three-month program where its 10 current portfolio companies are provided funding, office space, collaboration opportunities with other startups, and access to an experienced mentor network of investors, executives and entrepreneurs. Demo Day offers the companies a chance to present their businesses, and the market opportunities they are pursuing, to prospective investors, as well and announce their value propositions publicly to the press.
Startups presenting their businesses at MuckerLab's Winter Class Demo Day include:
- The Black Tux, which is reinventing the customer experience in the antiquated $10B+ tuxedo rental and sales industry.
- Blayze, the first online video audience development platform that empowers brands, YouTube channels, and media companies to buy and sell highly targeted new viewers.
- Enventum, an enterprise event marketing and engagement platform that enables Fortune 1000 brands to amplify and measure impact of event marketing dollars, and create digital relationships with attendees during and after events.
- GetMeRated, a mobile app where teens and twenty-somethings find new friends through photos and chat.
- MarkedUp, the first ever analytics solution for the $100B desktop and enterprise application software industry.
- Panjo, a marketplace for the world's most ardent auto, sport, and hobby enthusiasts.
- RocksBox, a new discovery and sales channel for designer fashion jewelry and accessories.
- Subblime, which allows influencers on YouTube to monetize their audience through authentic product recommendations.
- TouchFrame, a publisher of interactive game show apps that is partnering with top TV producers and YouTube channels, and is the first company to power, distribute, and monetize interactive game shows as mobile apps.
- Younity, which creates a personal cloud for all your files, built from your devices and your online services, enabling access to any file, on any device, anywhere, anytime without syncing.
"Our first Demo Day last April was a great event that provided our portfolio companies with the opportunity to share their businesses with several hundred investors, press and thought leaders in this industry," said MuckerLab Co-Founder Erik Rannala. "Our second Demo Day showcases an equally diverse set of businesses, including several that are driving the evolution of the online video space. Los Angeles continues to produce a large number of high-quality, disruptive startups, and is solidifying its position as one of the most active startup ecosystems in the world.
For more information about the companies participating in the 2013 MuckerLab Demo Day, visit www.muckerlab.com/companies/
MuckerLab is a startup accelerator focused on incubation-stage Internet software, services and media ventures in the Los Angeles market. Based on a mentorship-driven model, MuckerLab provides entrepreneurs with funding, puts them through a structured, three-month-long program and gives them access to a deep network of top-tier mentors and advisors. MuckerLab works side-by-side with Southern California's best technology entrepreneurs to enable them to build, launch, and finance their exceptional businesses, while helping to cultivate a more vibrant technology ecosystem in Los Angeles. For more information, go to http://www.muckerlab.com.