Multiethnic TV Leadership Award Winners Announced: Executives Are From Condista, Comcast, Dish, Fox, Sesame Workshop, SMG/Tapestry, Telemundo, TV One, Univision And Verizon
TO BE PRESENTED WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2013 AT THE HILTON NEW YORK
NEW YORK, March 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Eleven executives representing Condista, Comcast, Dish, Fox Broadcasting, Fox Hispanic Media, Sesame Workshop, SMG/Tapestry, Telemundo, TV One, Univision and Verizon within the fields of advertising, programming, marketing, digital and pay television have been named as the members of the first-ever class of winners of the Multiethnic TV Leadership Awards to be presented by Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News at the NY Hilton Hotel on Wednesday, April 17th, 2013, during a Luncheon Ceremony.
The Awards celebrate the viability of the multiethnic television business and will honor 11 outstanding executives for their noteworthy role in the growth of the industry.
Judging was based on an independent scoring process by an esteemed group of judges including Ruma Bose, an entrepreneur and author of the best-selling book "Mother Teresa: CEO;" Eduardo Caballero, Founder and Chairman of Caballero Spanish Media; Carmen DiRienzo, who served as the founding president and CEO of V-me television network; and Ola Mobolade who authored the book "Marketing to the New Majority" as well as a selection of editors from the presenting publications.
There were two categories with tie scores; therefore multiple executives will receive the honor. The winners are:
Group A. Leaders in Advertising & Marketing:
- Marketing Executive: (This category had a tie, thus there will be two recipients)
- Chiqui Cartagena, Vice President, Corporate Marketing, Univision Communications
- Alfredo Rodriguez, Vice President of Marketing, Dish Network
- Advertising Sales Executive: Tom Maney, EVP Ad Sales, Fox Hispanic Media
- Account Management or Media Executive: Lia Silkworth, EVP, Managing Director, SMG/Tapestry
Group B. Leaders in Programming Distribution & Technology:
- Pay TV Programming Executive: Michelle Webb, Executive Director - Content Strategy & Acquisition for Verizon FiOS
- Distribution or Affiliate Sales Executive: (This category had a three-way tie, thus there are to be multiple recipients)
- For Group Distribution; Jorge Fiterre, Partner, Condista
- For Cable Network Distribution; Michelle Rice, EVP of Affiliate Sales and Marketing, TV One
- For Broadcast Distribution; Inae Wilson, SVP Broadcast Distribution, Fox Broadcasting Company
- Executive at a Digital Media Provider or Technical Supplier: Erica Branch-Ridley, Vice President, Executive in Charge of Production, Sesame Learning, Sesame Workshop
Group C. Leaders in Management:
- Network Executive: Emilio Romano, President, Telemundo Media
- Pay TV Provider Executive: Ruben Mendiola, Vice President and General Manager of Multicultural Video Services, Comcast Cable
Louis Hillelson, Group Publisher of Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News, said, "We are proud to have this opportunity to honor these 11 distinguished leaders. There were so many worthy candidates, which reflects the overall growth and sustainability of this business category." He continued, "The Awards Luncheon is an exciting opportunity for the entire television community to collectively recognize the combined and individual efforts that have gone into successfully building the business of Multiethnic Television."
The Awards Luncheon is preceded by a Morning Program which will include three keynoter interviews featuring Debra Lee, Chairman and CEO of BET Networks; Ruben Mendiola, VP and GM for Multicultural Video Services at Comcast and Dave Shull, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer of DISH. In addition, there will be three roundtable discussions featuring other leaders in advertising, programming and promotion of Multiethnic TV. The Morning Program opens at 8 a.m. and is followed by The Multiethnic TV Leadership Awards Luncheon and Ceremony at 12:15 p.m. All activities will conclude at 2 p.m.
The Multiethnic TV Leadership Awards Luncheon and Morning Program is being produced by the Schramm Marketing Group, a New York City-based marketing, promotions and event production firm with specialties in promoting television, sports, not-for-profits and technologies targeted to multiethnic audiences.
For more information about the keynote guests, the awards judges, or to register, please visit http://multiethnictv.com/register/
To sponsor this event, please contact Louis Hillelson at 917-281-4730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News
Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News serve the television industry with respected, industry-leading web sites, weekly print publications, daily e-newsletters, and events. Broadcasting & Cable covers the broadcast, cable and syndication markets, while Multichannel News focuses on programming, marketing, finance and more for the cable and telecommunications industries.
Contact: Joe Schramm
SOURCE Broadcasting & Cable and Multichannel News
More by this Source
El Rev. Al Sharpton de MSNBC y José Díaz Balart de Telemundo acompañarán a Esther "ET" Franklin de Starcom Mediavest Group y a Lino García y Stephen A. Smith de ESPN como oradores principales durante el Multicultural TV Summit & Leadership Awards
Jan 06, 2014, 16:43 ET
Rev. Al Sharpton Of MSNBC And Jose Diaz Balart Of Telemundo To Join Esther "ET" Franklin Of Starcom Mediavest Group And Lino Garcia And Steven A. Smith Of ESPN As Keynoters At The Multicultural TV Summit & Leadership Awards
Jan 02, 2014, 15:22 ET
Doce ejecutivos recibirán los Premios de Liderazgo en la Televisión Multicultural 2014
Dec 20, 2013, 16:36 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.