Munchkin, Inc. Reveals 2013 Product Innovations Leading Baby and Toddler Company Debuts Ingenious New Parenting Essentials at ABC Expo
NORTH HILLS, Calif., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Munchkin, Inc., designer and manufacturer of clever infant and toddler products, today announced six new additions to its comprehensive portfolio of more than 200 existing products. These new products offer a twist on everyday essentials via unique, vibrant designs, meant to make parenting a little more stylish and manageable. Munchkin will introduce the new innovations at the ABC Expo in Louisville, Ky., from October 14-17 (booth #900), and they will be available in stores in early 2013.
"We understand that today's parents face different parenting challenges than our parents did, and it's our job to create clever tools that make life a little easier and more delightful for the modern mom and dad," said Steven B. Dunn, CEO and president of Munchkin, Inc. "From our new stylish swaddling blankets and burp cloths, to a cleaning line that can combat any mess, each of our 2013 products has been thoughtfully developed so families can enjoy more time together and less time worrying about the little things."
Munchkin, Inc.'s 2013 product lineup includes the following:
- Swaddle Angel™ Line: This new line of swaddling blankets features three distinctive product styles, taking their cues straight from the runways with fashion-forward prints, while also adding signature Munchkin touches that help with the little things:
- The Swaddle Angel ―Equipped with cozy arm pockets that allow baby's arms to be swaddled in a more natural upward position instead of straight down, the Swaddle Angel has a roomy leg pouch that allows for free hip movement. Its unique zipper feature makes diaper changes easy – just unzip the leg pouch while keeping baby's arms swaddled – a dream come true for any parent trying to keep baby sleeping during middle-of-the-night changes.
- Swaddle Angel Blanket―This multi-use blanket, available in a two-pack with six print options, is perfect for swaddling, as a stroller cover, a breast-feeding cover, or a tummy time mat. It features corner loops that attach directly to a stroller, and is designed with a double layer center panel to provide extra warmth, comfort and UV protection for your little one, while also offering better nursing privacy for mom.
- Swaddle Angel Burp Cloth―Taking burping duties to another level, this Munchkin burp cloth is specially designed with an innovative neck cut-out that helps to ensure the cloth stays in place, keeping everything on the cloth, not on mom's clothes.
- Lulla-Vibe™ Vibrating Mattress Pad―Designed with an innovative patent-pending vibrating pad to help babies fall asleep quickly, the Lulla-Vibe offers a soothing sensory experience for baby. With customizable options like a 30-minute battery-operated timer and two varying vibration speeds, parents are able to personalize their child's sleep atmosphere with the simple push of a button. The vibrations shut off gradually, helping baby stay asleep – a better sleep solution than circling the block in the car in the middle of the night!
- Safe Step Gate with TripGuard™―Munchkin's Safe Step Gate revolutionizes childproofing with a fresh technological advance for safeguarding and securing household areas. The gate employs patent-pending TripGuard™ technology, with a 50 percent lower threshold bar compared to standard pressure-mount gates, minimizing the threshold's trip hazard. The contemporary design combined with a push-to-lock mechanism and updated dual-depressor handle allow for simplistic operation, while the TripGuard™ technology enhances safety.
- ARM & HAMMER™ by Munchkin Cleaning Line―Nobody knows better than parents that kids can create messes in and on places you never thought possible, but they can now rest easy with Munchkin's new Cleaning Line. Combining the power of ARM & HAMMER™ baking soda in both at-home and on-the-go options for clothes, bibs, strollers, bath tubs, furniture and more, the new line includes Baby Bottle & Dish Soap, Stain Treater Spray and Wipes and Surface Cleaning Spray.
Munchkin, Inc.'s new items will be available in stores nationwide beginning February 2013. To learn more about Munchkin, please visit www.Munchkin.com.
About Munchkin, Inc.
A privately held, global company headquartered in North Hills, Calif., Munchkin, Inc. creates baby products that excite, delight and make life easier for today's parents. Founded in 1991, Munchkin, Inc. has always placed great emphasis on innovation, redefining what baby products can achieve. As a result, Munchkin has reinvigorated the category with improvements such as a 2-in-1 bottle brush design and White Hot® Technology that lets moms know if the bath water or the car interior is too hot. A strategic partnership with Church & Dwight Co., Inc., the maker of ARM & HAMMER™ baking soda, resulted in a line of diapering products that work with pure, natural baking soda, including the ARM & HAMMER™ Diaper Pail by Munchkin, winner of the American Baby Bests Award. Munchkin, Inc. has won more than 40 industry awards, including multiple wins of the coveted Target® Corporation Partner Award of Excellence, the ASDA stores partnership award, and the Toys "R" Us 2012 Vendor of the Year award. Endorsed and recommended by sleep and safety experts, medical professionals, toy specialists and parents, Munchkin products can be found at retail outlets internationally. For more information, visit www.Munchkin.com.
Facebook.com/Munchkin Twitter.com/Munchkin_Inc Pinterest.com/Munchkin
Contact: Stephanie Proos
SOURCE Munchkin, Inc.