MundoFox Announces Initial Programming Slate at Star-studded Upfront Event
New U.S. Spanish-Language Broadcast Network Launches this Summer
NEW YORK, May 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- MundoFox, the new U.S. Spanish-language broadcast network launching this summer, presented its initial programming lineup to advertisers during the Fox Hispanic Media Upfront presentation today at Manhattan's Ziegfeld Theatre. MundoFox, headquartered in Los Angeles, is a joint venture between Fox International Channels and the RCN Television Group (RCN). Series such as El Capo, Kdabra, Corazones Blindados, and Tiempo Final are among the extraordinary and innovative program offerings from the new network.
"We are delighted to present our new lineup to the media community because these shows clearly represent the distinctive programming that MundoFox will be offering our viewers," said Emiliano Saccone, President of MundoFox. "The 'New Latino' audiences we are targeting are clearly more demanding than previous generations. The mere fact that a program is in Spanish is not enough of a differentiator. Today's Latino wants content that is more enriching, challenging and 'Americano como tu'" ("American like you").
MundoFox is proud to have a diverse roster of quality programming that compliments its audience and echoes the interests of the 'New Latino' viewer. This dynamic slate includes a mix of original news and entertainment content, as well as access to exclusive sports events.
The MundoFox 2012 lineup includes:
- El Capo – an acclaimed and highly-rated series produced by Fox TeleColombia for RCN Television that follows the story of the richest and most wanted drug trafficker in Colombia.
- Kdabra – a critically-acclaimed and highly-rated series of mystery, magic, and intrigue that gathers elements from the real and the supernatural worlds; where the enthralling mystery surrounding its main character, a 17-year-old teenager who has escaped from a dark community- triggers a series of unexpected events.
- Corazones Blindados – an action and drama filled police series that follows the life of policewoman torn between loyalty to her kidnapped husband and her budding romantic feelings for her superior.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120516/FL08157-b )
- Tiempo Final – a television series where each week, the characters face a dead end or an inevitable fate that will change their lives forever—from lovers who are exhausted by their anonymity and decide to disclose their relationship to a serial murderer who is hiding under the harmless image of a plumber or a bachelor party that quickly becomes one that will not be forgotten.
- Alla Te Espero – a daytime drama which tells the story of a Latin family torn apart by distance, betrayal and the broken promise of their American dream. A tangled web of secrets and forbidden love will slowly bring them all together again.
- Santisimas – this series is the Latino version of "Sex and the City", following the lives of five women from different backgrounds who, in their pursuit for happiness, encounter both internal and external obstacles.
(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120516/FL08157-c )
- Minuto para Ganar– an entertainment program adapted from the wildly successful U.S. show "Minute to Win It" whereby contestants play ten challenges, each lasting one minute.
- Los Pobres Ricos – the story of a wealthy family cut off from their riches by betrayal from within. Fate and necessity force them into an uneasy alliance with a rival family, but love blossoms in unexpected places teaching both families lessons about trust, unity and solidarity.
- El Joe – a seventies period drama based on the exclusive story of music legend Joe Arroyo, a young, fun-loving but happily engaged musician, who indulges in a weekend fling with an alluring young woman, who unbeknownst to him, is the daughter of a music mogul. However, an unexpected series of twists and turns will conspire to bring the lovers together again years later and reignite their forbidden affair. (Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120516/FL08157-a )
- Nat Geo Kids – the U.S.' most popular kids magazine turned TV by MundoFox including great fact-filled, fast paced kids programming originally produced by National Geographic.
- Amo de Casa – One fine Monday, an ambitious young banking executive finds that instead of his dream promotion and a ticket into the big leagues, he's suddenly out on the street without a job. With mounting debt, his wife divorces him and he takes a job as a housekeeper. But fate has other plans and he finds love in unexpected places.
- UFC – Live action from the premier mixed martial arts organization with the most top-ranked fighters in the world. Live events will air throughout the year on MundoFox.
"Our goal has always been to fill the gap in Latino entertainment in the U.S. and bring quality content and differentiation from the options currently available to Spanish-speaking viewers," said Gabriel Reyes, CEO of RCN. "Thus far, we have seen a very positive response from both affiliates and the public and expect to be in a great position when we launch this summer."
MundoFox is a joint venture between Fox International Channels (FIC), News Corporation's international multi-media business, and RCN, the leading Latin American television network and production company belonging to Organizacion Ardila Lulle (OAL). Together, FIC and RCN currently reach over 1.2 billion households worldwide with primetime comedies, dramas and daytime series, as well as factual, sports and lifestyle programming. Additionally both operate and program cable networks and twenty-four-hour global news channels. The new network, headquartered in Los Angeles, CA, will launch in the summer of 2012.
For more information, visit MundoFox online at http://us.mundofox.com.
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.