Mutual of America Announces 10 Recipients of 2011 Community Partnership Award
Award Honors Nonprofit Organizations Across U.S. for Contributions to Society
NEW YORK, Nov. 17, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Mutual of America announced the recipients of its 2011 Community Partnership Award, which annually honors the outstanding contributions that nonprofit organizations, in partnership with public, private and other social sector organizations, make to society.
This year's Governor Hugh L. Carey Award recipient, given to the national award-winning program, is College Possible Access and Success Partnership, which helps economically disadvantaged high school students navigate the college admissions process and continues to work with them in college as they prepare for their chosen careers.
The 2011 recipients, whose programs tackle critical issues such as adoption, teen pregnancy, homelessness and access to healthcare, include:
Governor Hugh L. Carey Award
- College Possible Access and Success Partnership (College Possible, Saint Paul, MN)
Honorable Mention Recipients
- Family Connections (Three Rivers Adoption Council, Pittsburgh, PA)
- PACE Center for Girls Expansion (PACE Center for Girls, Jacksonville, FL)
- Haven for Hope (Haven for Hope of Bexar County, San Antonio, TX)
- HavenHouse St. Louis/Family Centered Care (HavenHouse St. Louis, St. Louis, MO)
- Juvenile Alcohol Safety Action Program (Volunteers of America® Alaska, Anchorage, AK)
- Law Enforcement Exploring Program (Greater New York Councils, Boy Scouts of America, New York, NY)
- Milwaukee Teen Pregnancy Prevention Initiative (United Way of Greater Milwaukee, Milwaukee, WI)
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (Women's Crisis Center, Hebron, KY)
- Transporting Children to Better Health (Kid One Transport, Birmingham, AL)
"All of the 2011 honorees are leaders in society, creating innovative and effective solutions to help those in need," said Thomas J. Moran , Chairman, President and CEO, Mutual of America. "Through the Community Partnership Award, Mutual of America is proud to recognize, support and help extend the reach of these vital partnerships."
Since its inception in 1996, the Community Partnership Award has recognized 160 partnerships across America.
About Mutual of America
Mutual of America specializes in providing retirement products and services to organizations and their employees, as well as to individuals. Since 1945, Mutual of America has remained committed to offering plan sponsors, plan participants and individuals carefully selected, quality products and services at a competitive price and the personal attention they need to help build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. For more information, visit mutualofamerica.com.
SOURCE Mutual of America
More by this Source
Mutual of America Introduces Retirement Plan Evaluation Guide for Plan Sponsors
Feb 28, 2013, 11:18 ET
Mutual of America Launches Mobile Website
Dec 11, 2012, 08:22 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.