NEW YORK, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Mutual of America announced the recipients of its 2015 Community Partnership Award, which annually honors the outstanding contributions that nonprofit organizations, in partnership with public, private and other social sector organizations, make to society.
This year's recipient of the Governor Hugh L. Carey Award, presented to the national award-winning program, is Waikiki Health's PATH Clinic. Waikiki Health forged a unique partnership in Hawaii with Salvation Army Family Treatment Services to create Waikiki Health's PATH Clinic. This innovative program provides comprehensive medical care and social services to pregnant women struggling with substance-abuse issues, in an environment that is nonjudgmental and compassionate.
The 2015 recipients, whose programs are delivering solutions to critical challenges facing our country, such as homelessness, food insecurity, education and medical access, include:
Governor Hugh L. Carey Award Recipient
- Waikiki Health's PATH Clinic (Waikiki Health, Honolulu, HI)
Honorable Mention Award Recipients
- Community-Based Residency Program (CommunityHealth, Chicago, IL)
- Competitive Debate Program (Baltimore Urban Debate League, Baltimore, MD)
Merit Finalist Award Recipients
- Behavioral Health Residential Support Services (PathPoint, Santa Barbara, CA)
- Dementia-Specific Practicum for Nursing Student Program (Alzheimer's Community Care, West Palm Beach, FL)
- Harbor Place (Champlain Housing Trust, Burlington, VT)
- Job Discovery Program (Opportunity Village, Las Vegas, NV)
- Move For Hunger (Move For Hunger, Asbury Park, NJ)
- Ryan's Case for Smiles (Ryan's Case for Smiles, Wayne, PA)
- Special Olympics Project UNIFY (Special Olympics North Carolina, Morrisville, NC)
"All of the 2015 honorees are leaders in society, creating innovative and effective solutions to help those in need," said Thomas J. Moran, Chairman and CEO, Mutual of America. "Through the Community Partnership Award, Mutual of America is proud to recognize, support and help extend the reach of these vital partnerships."
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary, the Community Partnership Award has recognized 200 partnerships across America since 1996. To learn more, visit mutualofamerica.com/cpa. To watch videos of all 20 national award-winning programs, visit the official YouTube channel for the Mutual of America Foundation Community Partnership Award.
About Mutual of America
Mutual of America specializes in providing retirement products and services to organizations and their employees, as well as to individuals. Since 1945, Mutual of America has remained committed to offering plan sponsors, plan participants and individuals carefully selected, quality products and services at a competitive price and the personal attention they need to help build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. For more information, visit mutualofamerica.com.
SOURCE Mutual of America