Each of the 2016 recipients is delivering solutions to critical challenges facing our country, including helping combat veterans and first responders who are living with post-traumatic stress disorder, assisting refugees who are transitioning to life in a new culture, addressing food insecurity and homelessness, and providing access to financial counseling and education.
Governor Hugh L. Carey Award Recipient
- East Harlem Center for Living and Learning (Harlem RBI, New York, NY)
Honorable Mention Award Recipients
- Financial Empowerment Center (Family Service Association of San Antonio, San Antonio, TX)
- Martha's Markets (Martha's Table, Washington, DC)
Merit Finalist Award Recipients
- Canyon Corridor Project (Habitat for Humanity Central Arizona, Peoria, AZ)
- Credentialed Work-Based Learning (GPS Education Partners, Butler, WI)
- Fostering Dignity for Refugees (Project Worthmore, Aurora, CO)
- Hilda's Place (Connections for the Homeless, Evanston, IL)
- Kidznotes (Kidznotes, Durham, NC)
- Piggy Bank Project (Andson, Inc., Las Vegas, NV)
- PTSD Service Dog Program (America's VetDogs®, Smithtown, NY)
"All of the 2016 honorees are leaders in society, creating innovative and effective solutions to help those in need," said John R. Greed, President and CEO, Mutual of America. "Through the Community Partnership Award, Mutual of America is proud to recognize, support and help extend the reach of these vital partnerships."
Since 1996, the Community Partnership Award has recognized 210 partnerships across America. To watch videos of all of the national award-winning programs, visit the official YouTube channel for the Mutual of America Foundation Community Partnership Award.
About Mutual of America
Mutual of America specializes in providing retirement products and services to organizations and their employees, as well as to individuals. Since 1945, Mutual of America has remained committed to offering plan sponsors, plan participants and individuals carefully selected, quality products and services at a competitive price and the personal attention they need to help build and preserve assets for a financially secure future. For more information, visit mutualofamerica.com.
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20121115/NY13778LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mutual-of-america-announces-10-recipients-of-2016-community-partnership-award-300365233.html
SOURCE Mutual of America