LONDON, Feb. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
The MVNO market in the Emerging Asia has been showing strong momentum as regulators are liberalizing the mobile markets in order to stimulate competition and reduce tariffs along with boosting introduction of innovative products. China is the leading regional player witnessing strong growth in terms of number of subscriptions; however countries such as Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand are also evolving in terms of virtual operators. Increasing usage of mobile data mainly driven by the burgeoning smartphone penetration, deployment of 3G/4G spectrum, favorable economic environment and increasing efforts by regulators to establish MVNOs specific framework are key factors which will boost the MVNO market in Emerging Asian countries. Regulators are supporting MVNOs by introducing MVNO legislations as well as the regulations that indirectly support the growth of MVNOs such as introduction of MNP and reduction in MTRs etc. Countries like China and Malaysia have already passed specific MVNO laws, while Thailand, Philippines and Myanmar are in the process of doing so.
- The most preferred business model in the Emerging Asia is Niche which is being adopted by 29% of the total MVNOs present in the region, catering segments including youth, immigrants, students and health enthusiasts. This is followed by the Business and Retail MVNO models which are adopted by 18% and 16% of the MVNOs respectively. M2M and Roaming Business models are least popular in the region.
- Pyramid Research projects growth of MVNOs will be robust in the region due to liberalizing of Chinese telecom market in January 2014. China will remain as the largest
- MVNO market in terms of subscribers followed by Malaysia at the end of 2020. Other markets such as Philippines and India are also showing significant growth potential.
- Regulators are formulating MVNO specific framework to boost competition and reduce tariffs along with setting up laws relating to rolling MNPs, reducing MTRs, harmonizing the tariff differentials between off-net and on-net voice traffic, etc. in order to ease up the entry barriers for MVNOs.
'MVNOs in Emerging Asia: Choosing the Right Business Model and Partners are Key to Success' report by Pyramid Research provides overview of the MVNO market in Emerging Asia. It examines the various MVNO business models adopted in Emerging Asia based on their marketing approach, and provides an in-depth look at the changing landscape of trends in MVNO adoption and investment. The report analyzes the MVNO market and the role of other market participants such as MNOs and regulators in this expanding opportunity.
The Insider provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Introduction: This section presents taxonomy of MVNOs to provide a conceptual structure for the analysis, taking the perspective of mobile operators.
- Market context: This section examines the global MVNO market analysis, MVNO trends in the Emerging Asia region and most prevalent MVNO business models operating in Emerging Asia.
- Case studies: The report examines four leading MVNOs in the region in more detail: Snail Mobile, Tune Talk, and Tron .These studies focus on the MVNO offerings, their sales and promotional strategies and recent moves by the telcos in the MVNO space.
- Key findings and recommendations: The Insider concludes with a number of key findings and a set of recommendations for MNVOs, MNOs and regulators.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the product and service portfolio being offered by MNVOs in Emerging Asia to enable new entrants' telcos to align their product offerings.
- Gain in-depth understanding about the different MVNO business model adopted in various countries in Emerging Asia and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Emerging Asia region's MVNO opportunity, competitive environment and best practices of the existing virtual operators.
- Contains case studies highlighting the MVNO offerings of three leading MVNOs in the region, including the strategies being pursued by them to drive their MVNO business.
- By understanding the interests and positions of the main stakeholders in the MVNO market - MNOs, end users, regulators, content providers and ISPs - telecom professionals/operators can develop strategies and increase their participation in the growing MVNO market.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3638591/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48