BOULDER, Colo., March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 1,800 sun protection products are available in the United States, but a striking majority offer substandard protection and are formulated with controversial chemical ingredients. To meet the growing consumer demand for clean and clear everyday protection, natural beauty innovator MyChelle is expanding its top-rated Sun Care collection with two mineral-based, broad-spectrum sunscreens and a rehydrating after-sun spray. The multi-benefit, water-resistant Sun Shield Clear Spray SPF 30 and Sun Shield Clear Stick SPF 50 provide UVA and UVB full-spectrum protection to safely shield and protect skin. Following any environmental exposure, the Cucumber Cooler Soothing Spray replaces the skin's natural moisture barrier and helps neutralize free radicals. The new products are currently available at select Whole Foods Market stores and MyChelle.com.
Here Comes the Sun!
- Sun Shield Clear Spray SPF 30 ($18/6 oz) This 100% Zinc Oxide-based continuous spray provides even coverage for up to 80 minutes of water-resistant, broad-spectrum protection.
- Sun Shield Clear Stick SPF 50 ($12/.5 oz) This water-resistant sunscreen glides on smoothly and dries clear for full-spectrum protection. Avocado, Jojoba, and Vitamin E oils help moisturize and protect skin.
- Cucumber Cooler Soothing Spray ($16.50/6 oz) A multi-purpose mist that boosts the skin's moisture balance, providing instant comfort and hydration. 99% Aloe Leaf Juice and Cucumber Extract moisturize, while Algae, Chamomile, and Arnica extracts calm and condition.
Champions for Environmental + Marine Safety
Between 6,000 and 14,000 tons of sunscreen wash onto coral reefs annually, devastating the delicate eco-systems and contributing to the current global bleaching event. MyChelle was one of the first cosmetic manufacturers to reject marine-toxic ingredients including: Oxybenzone, Octinoxate, Butylparaben, Retinyl Palmitate and 4-methylbenzylidene camphor. Committed to sustainable and eco-friendly manufacturing practices, all MyChelle sun products are reef safe, biodegradable, and packaged in 100% recyclable containers. To help raise awareness and encourage beachgoers to choose products safe for the environment, MyChelle is donating 1% of all Sun Care proceeds in 2016 to the Surfrider Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the world's oceans, waves, and beaches.
Certified Non-Nano Coverage
All MyChelle Sun Care is formulated with the brand's guiding principles of using clean science for professional results. In addition, its Sun Protection products are certified Non-Nano and FDA/International compliant:
- Certified Non-Nano: Though the FDA does not recognize an official regulation for nanoparticles, MyChelle follows the EU definition of non-nano—the primary particle size is greater than 100nm—and is certified non-nano through two independent laboratories.
- FDA/International Compliant: MyChelle Sun Protection undergoes SPF testing to ensure an even, clear application resulting in 100% reflective, photostable mineral protection.
About MyChelle Dermaceuticals
Founded in 2000, MyChelle was the first in the natural beauty industry to use anti-aging peptides, plant stem cells, and clinically proven dermatological ingredients. Our 360-degree approach to beauty provides clean, conscious, and comprehensive skin care products that are bioactive, ethically sourced, and formulated with high-performance ingredients for superior results.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/mychelle-adds-new-layers-of-protection-to-its-popular-sun-care-line-300240931.html
SOURCE MyChelle Dermaceuticals